Question for U.S. vinyl heads

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by dat_skunk, Feb 7, 2014.

1. dat_skunk

dat_skunk Active Member

Been meaning to get into vinyl recently but seeing as though its already an expensive hobby (and i'm a fairly broke college kid with not too much income), I was just wondering generally how much you guys usually pay to get vinyls shipped to the states??

2. DEF:STAR

DEF:STAR Member

When I was buying tracks on vinyl (from reyeyerecords) I was averaging around $10 a vinyl with shipping included, to the USA. I've hence switched to a DVS (digital vinyl system) and now just spend $1.50 at Beatport. The shipping from the UK for each piece of vinyl was maybe $1 or $2 USD per vinyl and I never had an issues with anything getting damaged, although not the speediest delivery.

dat_skunk likes this.
  3. dat_skunk

dat_skunk Active Member

Oh, thanks man. For some reason i was thinking it was going to cost a lot more, good to hear they came in good condition too. Definitely gonna have to start ordering some plates soon :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. grubbers

grubbers bag of smashed

I've found Redeye to be the cheapest option when it comes to shipping. Shipping for 3 records is ~$6. Generally takes about 2 weeks from the ship date for the records to show up.

dat_skunk likes this.
  5. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Check out ebay before you buy from oversea's. Mate of mine in the US always ebays his tunes before checking out redeye etc. Can work out so much cheaper, especially if the sellers int he US too.

dat_skunk likes this.