Question for all the serato/traktor scratch heads out there..

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
Bit of a noob one - can you set up serato or any other digital vinyl system for 3 decks?

Basically I mix vinyl on 3 decks at the moment and thinking of going digital so I can play more of other genres, but I still wanna be able to do 3 deck mixes. Any advice?

Cheers

You can do 3 decks on Serato SL3, haven't actually done it myself though, just got 2 cd decks set up as well.

Think on Traktor you can do 4 decks but thats a guess really...

I've just bought one of the last Traktor Scratch Pro's in the country as they're being discontinued (they're half price at the moment). Problem is my shitty laptop aint gonna last that long. Can you download it onto more than one computer?

Last edited:
I've just bought one of the last Traktor Scratch Pro's in the country as they're being discontinued (they're half price at the moment). Problem is my shitty laptop aint gonna last that long. Can you download it onto more than one computer?

You have Traktor? Thats just amazing! All your vinyl love chat means jack shit now - Cheers!

recording mixes?
I've read about some issues doing this with serato/traktor.
I wanna get either one soon (haven't decided which) but recording is an issue, am i right in saying you can use the master output on you mixer to record and then use the booth output to route to your monitors?
my only beef with this is im using xlr cables from my pioneer to my monitors and the booth does not have xlr options

I do agree MP3 is a gash format, i'd play WAVs but if the big heads dont then why should I.

I dont see how my purchases affect the sound quality of the various formats? And considering what you've said in other threads I'm going to ignore you're attempt at shit stirring... :nurr_nur:

Last edited:
recording mixes?
I wanna get either one soon (haven't decided which) but recording is an issue, am i right in saying you can use the master output on you mixer to record and then use the booth output to route to your monitors?
my only beef with this is im using xlr cables from my pioneer to my monitors and the booth does not have xlr options

a DVS (digital vinyl simulator) system is only connected with the inputs of your mixer. Any output (including headphones) works normally, as if you were playing with analog music.

(i'm a traktor scratch pro owner)

recording mixes?

recording with traktor is sound!

yeh you can download traktor more than once, you just can't use them at EXATCLY the same time, quite impressive really (thinking about it i'm not sure how it knows you're not using them both at the same time, when you might not be connected to the internet). I think you can download it up to 5 times before you may have some issues.

just a tip i wanna share with serato users:
to hide track names so noone sees the name of the track playing :click on the bpm(tap)...type "AM"
hides the track name

a lil something to fuck around with...press ctrl + shift and click on set up in serato n play pong...
safe

Traktor pro supports up to 4 decks. But won't record to the same comp your playing from. Bit of a pain.
My advice would be to get traktor over serato... From experience... Traktor has had better sound quality and stability.

I've never looked back since converting to traktor.

Back
Top Bottom