Question about streaming a drum & bass show online?

xphoria

Hi, I just got a few questions about streaming online shows.

First of all, if i were to stream other peoples music online in a DJ show for no profit, would that be infringing copyright?

Secondly, say I wanted to setup a live online show where DJs from around the world broadcasted. What would be the best service for doing this? I looked at ustream but it's not ideal. Is it possible to have an account that allows multiple DJs to login and broadcast on it, without having access to admin settings.

Thirdly, if this all worked out, would you like to help start up the show with me and perform on a weekly basis? It'll bring in some good publicity, experience and some good drum & bass.

Hi, I just got a few questions about streaming online shows.

First of all, if i were to stream other peoples music online in a DJ show for no profit, would that be infringing copyright?

Secondly, say I wanted to setup a live online show where DJs from around the world broadcasted. What would be the best service for doing this? I looked at ustream but it's not ideal. Is it possible to have an account that allows multiple DJs to login and broadcast on it, without having access to admin settings.

Thirdly, if this all worked out, would you like to help start up the show with me and perform on a weekly basis? It'll bring in some good publicity, experience and some good drum & bass.

copyright issue is no trouble..

i play on krisis.. we use shoutcast

Shoutcast/Icecast, or alternatively, if you don't mind DJing using VirtualDJ, it has it's own internet broadcast feature built in. I'd be interested in helping out, though I've moved to Australia, so my timings would be pretty weird.

okay I've looked at some of the options, but some of them allow you to choose what bandwidth you want.

How much bandwidth should I expect to use in a month?

Back
Top Bottom