question about sampling my synths and sounds

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
I've got alot of sounds not actually bounced to audio but ready to be bounced form reason that I have been using up until now.
I'm planning on switching to ableton soon.
just wana know the theory behind it, i mean if i export the sounds, unless i do them on C, im going to have to play with the notes until it sounds right i guess?
hopefully this makes sense

I've got alot of sounds not actually bounced to audio but ready to be bounced form reason that I have been using up until now.
I'm planning on switching to ableton soon.
just wana know the theory behind it, i mean if i export the sounds, unless i do them on C, im going to have to play with the notes until it sounds right i guess?
hopefully this makes sense

I'd recomend Rewire into Ableton, use Reason like an external synth, rather than dumping the sounds into audio files, eventually u will find abletons tools are all you need anyways i'm sure

^that.
or else you will have to export more keys (instead of just exporting c3 export a1 to f3 for example) per sound
If you see what i mean...

riight ok cheers guys.
dont really want to reqire but ur saying if i sample them at c3, when i move them up the note lane in the sampler it wont sound right?

riight ok cheers guys.
dont really want to reqire but ur saying if i sample them at c3, when i move them up the note lane in the sampler it wont sound right?

essentially yes, there are all sorts of things that will change, and most key shift algorthms will only give you a few semi-tones either direction before the sound starts to distort noticbly, Abletons Complex & Texture algorthms are good for larger shifts, but you are going to loose allot of control with this method

rewire is really not very complicated, and will definitly benift your sound more than spending time bouncing sounds down before hand

Back
Top Bottom