Question About Reverb

khujo1023

Hey Folks, I am wondering what reverb tips and tricks you use to give your track space and ambience. I will throw reverb on a sound, pad or drum and manipulate the wet/dry and other parameters but it sounds thin. I am hearing a lot of tracks that have fat, well defined reverb that I don't know how to

I'm thinking I should use Aux channels and layer but wanted to know if the community had tips/tricks that may help.

khujo1023

So do you isolate the reverb and compress afterward? For instance, aux a snare to a channel with reverb added and compress?

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
What reverbs are you using? what plugins? I use lexicon verbs and space designer in logic, sometimes just platinum verb for a quick sketch. Dont really know what makes a reverb fat, having a good sound to begin with surely makes or breaks it. On some sounds ill have few different verbs on the same sound, great for fx and filling out the spectrum

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
Could try bouncing a separate layer thats just the wet of the original sound and boost the side channels and boost the eq like 10-12k if you want more width/presence

khujo1023

I am using NI RC 24 and RC 48 along with the built in reverb in Maschine and sometimes the built in Cubase effect.

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
I am using NI RC 24 and RC 48 along with the built in reverb in Maschine and sometimes the built in Cubase effect.

if those have a outside style reverb, like woods or cave etc, have a try with those types, i use outside verbs combined with just general 'air' style ones, the combination creates some nice tones and the length is as important aswell. if ive got busy layers i might not even use one but sometimes ill just a very short verb just to help things flow from sound to sound

try a very short verb on your bass, just enough to add some character without making it washy

Top Bottom