Question about new DnB releases

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I haven't been paying too much attention to whats been coming out lately so thats why I'm asking. Are there any records coming out soon that have a blatant 1992 feel to them? The only ones on my wants list now is the Reinforced record pack by Syntax and the next L-Plates. Both of which are not out on full release yet. So am I missing out on anything else? I kind of doubt it but then again who knows.:-/ The last record I bought was about 5 weeks ago, it was the new remix of Outlander "The Vamp" on Infrared records (only they call it the lizard remix now). The flip side of that one was actually better :2thumbs:

Originally posted by 1992
it was the new remix of Outlander "The Vamp" on Infrared records (only they call it the lizard remix now). The flip side of that one was actually better :2thumbs:

Yeah definately prefer 'Apex'. Still play it every now and then. Dunno about the 92-flava tunes, just keep checkin the Timeless/L-Plates/Function etc labels. You heard the new Total Science ep??? Ive only heard one of the tunes myself but theyre usually doin that type of thing.

No, I don't know about the total science record you speak of. I heard some new total science records on the net recently and they have been very bad (bad as in bad). Alot of these guys like TS and Digital keep doing the same thing over and over again (low octave keys with a moody vibe). I'm specificly interested in 92 flavored tunes with higher octave keys. The only tunes like this that came out recently like this has been Dylan's Ghetto Dub, The new Vamp remix, Digital "Red Head", and Alpha Omega "Megatron".

Last edited:
I don't have a clip but I played it in that "Shore Thing" mix in the mix archive. This tune was released on Digital's Dubzilla album.

Last edited:
Just thought: Have a look for an old-ish tune on Incident called 'Hardcore' (b/w 'Lisa') by Tekken. This might be the sort of thing your looking for, although actually finding a copy is another matter!!! Cant seem to find the fucking thing anywhere!

You liked that tune? Well to each his own. I hated it myself. The previous tune that came out on Incident was kinda lame too but I bought it (don't know why).

Originally posted by freeagent
A-SIDES FEAT. MC FATS - SO NATURAL - EASTSIDE (050) 2002

Now that is one amazing tune. Actually moved me the first time I heard it played and not many tunes do that to me these days.

Love it........

Gotta be one of my favourite tunes released this year

:afro:

Originally posted by freeagent
Tops in my book too. No "high keys" or whatever 1992 said, but harcore flare surely.

I heard the tune, I appreciated the link. Although the tune sounds very hackney to me. Its just the sort of thing I'm sick of hearing, dark and moody 93 era sounding hardcore without much zing. I must have over 20 new records that sound just like that one.

PS: I'm speaking of the Digital & Spirit tune. There wasn't enough of a clip to judge the A-Side side.

Last edited:
It was nice up untill the Full Cycle wobble bass line drop. Also theres no change up in the bleep melody which is kind of lame. Most of the tune is just a basic rhythm track as well. The fats vocals were nice though I must say.

I can't listen to thost arena clips, I'll have to wait till chemical has it in the up and coming promo section.

Back
Top Bottom