Question about frequency splitting basslines

mr meh

VIP Junglist
If i have a 16 bar bassline thats made up of say 4 x 4 bar sections of different sounds, do i need to frequency split each section?

Or can i just bounce down the whole 16 bars to one wav and then frequency split that?

cheers

Surely that would depend what you want to do with it?

Adding the same distortion or effects to the whole thing might sound bad, I don't know! You'll have to experiment.

i figure you are just trying to make the sub mono?

if the notes are all within a few semitones shouldn't be an issue.
i typically gut that 2nd harmonic of a bass for clarity of the kicks anyway so even an octave difference won't change much if i'm starting for example at 40 hz (so up to 80hz) and doing a split around 150hz.

What brings out some great harmonics and tone for one sound might not work magic on the next sound.
Without hearing any audio I'd say focus on making each seperate sound come to life rather than a quick blanket fix.

What brings out some great harmonics and tone for one sound might not work magic on the next sound.
Without hearing any audio I'd say focus on making each seperate sound come to life rather than a quick blanket fix.

really, suprime's right. even thought it's tedious, it is only going to take an extra 5 - 10 minutes split each thing individually. could always bounce and resample if the bus structure gets narly.

A bit of an outside question, but which VST's (logic ones included) are good for boosting some frequency sections of a bass patch? I notice in production videos they dont use the simple EQ, and it sounds like something really important for bass resampling. Cheers :)

A bit of an outside question, but which VST's (logic ones included) are good for boosting some frequency sections of a bass patch? I notice in production videos they dont use the simple EQ, and it sounds like something really important for bass resampling. Cheers :)

Any parametric eq should do it for you. The more bands the more control, but you can always put two 4 bands in series if need be.

Back
Top Bottom