Question about connecting studio monitors with unbalanced input

O.U.

Expert
VIP Junglist
It seems these cables are rare as fuck which I find weird: http://www.rhinocables.co.uk/single-phono-(rca)-to-single-phono-(rca)-cables-50cm-to-5m~89

But my question is, can I buy two of these, plug one into each of my monitors unbalanced input and plug the other end into the L and R of a DJ mixer master output?

The end result will be being able to play vinyl through my monitors via a cheap DJ mixer.

Obviously these types of cables are common as muck: http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/products/1931/high_quality_ofc_2_x_phono_(rca)_to_2_x_phono_(rca)/
but I wouldn't be able to plug both monitors in with one because the cables are joined together and not designed for this, which is why I'm surprised single rca to rca cables are so hard to find.

Can anyone shed any light?

I have never bought one before so probably was having trouble searching for the right term. But can you tell me if it will work in the situation I posted.

if you can i'd use xlr cables if your monitors and mixer allows it.
or just get an rca cable and split it down the middle.
those cheap red and white ones simply pull apart.

Ok cheers. I already have XLR cables going into my interface, just don't want to mess about with cables if I want to play vinyl.

RCA - RCA isn't something I've ever thought as of hard to find. Sometimes you do get them joined together but then you can very easily pull them apart anyway. It is a common output for all DJ mixers, and some will only have that as an option, but others do allow for different types and anything other than RCA would likely be better, although it isn't essential of course. Mono RCA is the same thing by the way, they are all unbalanced which means that you might be more likely get a little hiss over balanced cables, but you can't get a balanced RCA.

Just noticed that Teddy mentions the same bit about pulling them apart too.

Back
Top Bottom