Question about CDJs and pitch (gemini 210)

Cosmo

Last of the Meheecans
I recently bought a pair of gemini 210s... I'm very new to cdjs, still figuring out what's what, but there's something that's really bugging me.
When I move the pitch, the display only reads increments of +-0.5
My question is, does anyone know how I can change the pitch in smaller increments?

on most cdjs there should be a button on the side that widens the pitch... mines top right, cdj 800 and 1000s tend to be just above the pitch

theres really no need to move the pitch in smaller increments if its at -+10%. Maybe your CDJs have the ability to shorten the pitch though to 6/8%? As jwood said there should be a button to do this, either above or below the pitch.

Thanks for the replies. Using that button, the possible pitch range settings are 4, 8 and 16 percent. When the pitch range is 4% the smallest increment I can move by is 0.5, which is far too large unless the tunes happen to be exactly that or double that distance apart. I think I must be missing something here because from what you said this should be enough. Is there nothing I can do? I'm not liking these cdjs much so far! :(

Pioneers move .01 i think but yours should at least do it in .1 increments, have you tried googling and seeing anyone else has the same problem?

Yeah, without much luck. One other person did seem to have the same problem but with no reply. Now I think it must just be how the cdj was made to be... :(

Thats the problem with cheaper gear, it always leaves features out so that you'll inevitably wana upgrade in the future. All companies do it, its standard practice unfortunately. Sound like you're stuck with 0.5% , which btw i feel for you, must be a mission to mix on that!!

That's very good to hear, I look forward to your reply! Since you have one of these, I was wondering if you could answer another question... Sometimes a tune will skip to some other part of the track or return to the beginning, but I don't really know what is causing it and how to stop it. The only buttons I use are pitch bend, the pitch slider, play/pause and track search. Sometimes when I select a track the cue button lights up, and I think this might have something to do with it.

I imagine RTFM means "read the frickin manual"
A sensible suggestion... there's not much in there though, at least nothing that can answer my question.
I think the 210 is the newer version of the 203, so it's odd that on a crucial feature it's been significantly downgraded.

I got confused, I thought my cdjs moved in .5 :rinsed: but yeah they move in .1 and now I realise your problem, feels bad man

yeah that sucks man, it says nothing about that in the description of them or shit.

try selling them can getting something else I guess dude??

Back
Top Bottom