Question about cdj 350

Norwax

VIP Junglist
Hey all

Sooo I'm playing in town tomorrow and there are 2 cdj 350 on the setup... Got ALOT of new tunes since the last time I played and I'm doing a 2 hours set so I don't want to buy a shitload of cd's (since I already have alot of them)... Sooo, the cdj's from the club read usb and I wanted to take 2 usb sticks with all those tunes in each one of them, but I'm a little concerned since I've never used usb sticks to play before...
- Do I just need to copy the files from my computer and put them in the usb stick?
- Do I need to convert them from mp3 to any other format?
- What is the tune order in the screen? Number? Name? I changed the number of all the tunes in the properties to 1/2/3/4/5 and made a list in that order so I can search for the tunes fast, but I'm afraid I get there and it's not organized by song number lol

Sooo, hoping anyone can answer me!

Thanks in advance

Yes, just copy your tunes on to both USB sticks.
MP3 will fine for the 350s.
It will automatically put them in alphabetical order so if you want them in the certain order them just rename the files with 1, 2, 3, etc at the beginning of the tune name.

Thanks mate! Thought I had to use Rekordbox instead of just copy/paste the tunes in there but seems easier that way!

Yeah, Rekordbox will help massively as you can store cue points and what not with it. It will work straight up with just mp3s on your usb sticks though.

I'm not sure if 350's are compatible with Rekordbox, I've got a feeling they're not.

Make sure you check the id tags of your tunes, sometimes there will be like a long number before the track title and it will slow down your workflow!

Back
Top Bottom