Qeu-Wormhole

dnbforthejuan

Hi, so this is what I consider my first actual drum and bass track, I make a living as a guitarist and keyboardist but I'd really like to make DNB, the sounds are what excite me the most. This track started out as experiments in sound design, I know it's really chaotic and I would like to make DNB that's really frentic but will admit maybe this tune's origin make it a bit too chaotic. My next tunes might not be as seemingly random, tho this tune does have a chord progression.
Opinions are welcome. :)

https://soundcloud.com/qeu/wormhole

Hi mate, I checked out your track. I agree with what you say, it's probably a bit too chaotic.
It's got kind of a dubstep vibe which isn't really my thing-but you've definitely got some production skills as some of the elements sound pretty awesome. The drums need work, the snare is too muddy, but then it's competing with a hell of a lot of synths.
If you want to do DnB I'd say definitely try and strip it down to a riff and drum pattern that's good enough to carry the track, and build it from there. If the original bass line is good enough enough it should only need a sparse amount of atmospheric elements to fill out the track. But then that's just my style of DnB :).
I've checked out the rest of your soundcloud and I always admire a musician whose willing to explore different genres. Just keep doing what your doing dude!
Let me know when you post up some more DnB!

Hey, man, thanks for the feedback, really thoughful and helpful. Yeah, I like all sorts of music, and live off of playing jazz and pop music gigs, but really want to make some heavy DNB. Thanks, I'm really just now making a concentrated effort to produce DNB, and will definitely put more stuff up!

Back
Top Bottom