DnB Qemists big dirty synth sound - how do I get it?

hi tommy3000,
start with sine , square, saw or triangle waves. piss around with them until it sounds like what you want.
have fun

hi tommy3000,
start with sine , square, saw or triangle waves. piss around with them until it sounds like what you want.
have fun

I know basic synthesis but I was kind of looking for a more specific answer relating to steps taken to get that actual synth sound at 0.44 on this track. When the track drops it comes in and is high pitched and relentless! Does anyone have experience of making this or a similar sound and can they give me a detailed explanation of how they would go about making it (or at at least get me on the right track?).

The sound comes in just after the drop at 0.44:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPtv-wUIISc

Go for a pitch bend between a low note and a high note (legato) that is not too long so it goes w(low note)-pitchup-aaaaaaaaaaaa(high note). Add some subtle reverb & distortion as Fletch said.
The movement in sound in that track is also caused by side-chaining the beepsynth's volume with the kick-drum so the volume drops a bit every time the kick drum hits. Definitely try that!

Back
Top Bottom