Q Project-Renaissence MAn LP

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
Out in July, got sent the CD mix...very nice mix indeed...and NO I ain't gonna put it up.
Obviously if u want the vinyl you'll have to check the hospital records store for the promo what is out now...a few stormers...
CD mix features tracks from all his releases on Horspitul records so you can catch up if ur not a vinyl buyer.....

ThomW said:
Not feelin this one at all.

seconded, q-project is the worst thing hospital is pushing atm. sad to be quite honest, but i guess tony knows what he is doing and if he thinks this is the future of hospital records then it is a really sad day indeed... most of the tracks are below par for even q-project not to mention the usually high hospital standard..

:towelie:

He had some good tunes out but now just seems he's run out of ideas. Can't believe Hospital is releasing that LP, just doesn't sound like somthing I'd ever thought they'd sign. Ah well, I'm happy to see em doing well. Shows they're not just a 'liquid' label anymore.

OK tbh it is more a case of what he is using to produce his tunes guys...........
Total Science were a very hardware based team and had a large amount of deep quality knowledge in that area.
However, they moved last year (or so) across to digital computer production and they must be finding it difficult to achieve their same sound as compared to the analogue pounding of say "wots my code RMX"
He does have some well good ideas and is coming up with some solid concepts , maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but it is individual enough to get a good debate going
That said some of his tunes are a bit :gimp: like his hair :teeth:

tklown said:
Only tune I've really liked from him lately is Silicon Mistress. Kicks ass though

I'm really feeling this one too. Gonna buy the LP. A couple of good tracks on their but like everyone has said, there are some dodgy one aswell.

No More Horses (y)

Dj_Fozzybear said:
OK tbh it is more a case of what he is using to produce his tunes guys...........
Total Science were a very hardware based team and had a large amount of deep quality knowledge in that area.
However, they moved last year (or so) across to digital computer production and they must be finding it difficult to achieve their same sound as compared to the analogue pounding of say "wots my code RMX"
QUOTE]

What I don't get is why move to computer completely I deeply regret selling off my hardware, and I still think hardware sounds much better than computer ..and in some ways more easy to see what ur doing...but then u can't get an "Evaluation copy / demo" of say a Korg Triton
(y)

I haven't been feeling Q-Project for the past year.. the tunes were losing that kinda feel that they had.. this lp isn't bad, there are maybe 2 songs on it i could see liking a bit, but still, nothing too impressive :(

not feeling this at all. all the tunes sound the same and have that zinc thing going on. let down! its all about "sun and rain" heavy/ill/sick/boombastic/very good/dope (delete as applicable) tune

What I don't get is why move to computer completely I deeply regret selling off my hardware, and I still think hardware sounds much better than computer ..and in some ways more easy to see what ur doing...but then u can't get an "Evaluation copy / demo" of say a Korg Triton
(y)

It is down to time and ease of use basically. They said that it was a lot more flexible for how they work lately. One of them can do a tune an just pass it over to the other as they have a direct linking set up where as the hardware meant they had to be in the same place, same studio the whole time. Also, when hardware based your desk, sampler etc are all set to one song and they said it was a mission working on more than one thing at a time ( i can understand that one seeing as i am making four hip hop tunes, three drum and bass and one weird Ninja tunes thing at the moment, it would be hell trying to juggle that lot on an analogue desk let alone a sampler and synths as well!!!)

i dont produce i dont mix i just rape bandwidth and buy a few pieces of vynel that i consider deserves my money ...

qproject does .....

love it like cooked food .....................

thats the joy of music / each to there own ..................

:jazz_band

as for the hardware / all on pc stuff ??? who cares ...
a toons a toon ,made with whatever where ever by who ever [ standard ]

anyway what do i know

i listen to hip hop / rnb and not dnb lol ..................

yes :orly:

Dj_Fozzybear said:
He does have some well good ideas and is coming up with some solid concepts , maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but it is individual enough to get a good debate going

Agreed. Digital production can be extremely cheesy if you dont run it through the proper chanels to wash it, and dress it up.

Thought this album was pretty dull as well.

Since total science started working on computers they seem to have been limiting everything to fuck and their tunes are really noisy. You have to constantly change to keep things interesting though so I can see why they might have needed a change of scenery, also if the sound of stuff like wots my code remix was still being battered we'd all be bored of it and moaning.

Can't say I find the new stuff to be an improvement though, I'd happily see them go back to the old ways once in a while.

On the whole this never happens though, with the exception of Krust and Underfire recently!

Re: Q Project-Renaissence Mn LP

Not to be contraversial or anything but I have been feeling a lot of Q Project's stuff. the computer love EP was excellent IMO. I think it has a nice feel to it since they made the swap to digital.

However i know what you mean in the sense that some of his stuff does miss the mark slightly but i think its got more depth than you first might think. Put a bit of effort in and you'll be rewarded...its a grower!!!

I think he's been great recently. Hospital are one of the best labels around at the moment who arent pushing the same old dance floor orientated subfocus, pendulum type stuff (not that there's anything wrong in that!) and have gone for something a little more substantial. They obviously see Q Project's stuff as quirky and original in the same way i and a lot of other people do.

After all you look at the labels he's appeared on which IMO are the best labels around: Creative Source, Hospital and V!

Sorry i feel i have to defend the man!!!:rambo:

Three Q Project tunes to change your mind:

Roy & Lisa (Hospital - Computer Love EP)
Bang out (Creative Source)
Living with beaker (Hospital)

cheers!

Lokk You're forgeting
"Tears" Creative Source
"Milk & Honey" Hospital
"Greatest Thing" C.I.A

Dj_Fozzybear said:

i dont know fozzy. doesnt sound very likely to me.
the content of the tune is the same wether you sequenced the samples on a compaq or an altair.
he doesnt make much ravey tunes these days, seems to be focusing on upbeat type tunes. not that ive heard that many of them but all the ts+baron tunes were completely software and they rocked hard.

Back
Top Bottom