Q Project “Renaissance Man” –Hospital Records

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
Q Project made a name for himself with “Champion Sound” way back in 1993. Since then he has stuck to his guns, gradually developing his sound. Having successfully run CIA and Advanced with Spinback, ( both otherwise known as Total Science) they have truly carved a niche in Drum and Bass history. Yet surprisingly, this is Q Project’s first LP.
This solo project sees Q Project expanding the dancefloor sound. It melds high energy beats and bass with US house and soul concepts. Including some of his earlier triumphs on Hospital, there is a nice remix Total Science of “Living with Beaker”. There are some new smashers too, on the mix CD “Slowly but Surely” gets dropped across the previous track. A deeper moment gets exchanged for the Hip Hop sampling ethics of “Computer Love”. Q Projects mix CD shows his expertise in selection.
“No More Heroes” bubbles on a warped house organ bassline and funky vocals. Old Skool flavours brought up to date. “Nation 2 Nation” also makes a welcome appearance amongst the feast of dubplate pressure, the first release Q Project made on Hospital. Quiff is renowned for his party antics, and this LP is certainly is not a sober affair. An intoxicating blend of good time flavours.

I'm afraid I find this release to be complete garbage. I was a 100% Total Science fan 2001-2003 but then they lost the 'ardkore and went to this type of nonsense. I heard this LP at 611 Records last weekend. I almost wanted to cry.

To add insult to my injured ears, they made the record Code 0001, one of the most beautiful and elusive 'ardkore records of all time. I wish I had that.

And they went from Code 0001 to THIS!!! I can't follow them there.

At least the title of the EP and the cover photo is cool, thats the only good I can say about Renaissance Man.

Back
Top Bottom