Putting White Noise "Behind" Stuff?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey yall,

I am looking for some more help! :D

I have some pretty cool tracks going right now and some rely on white noise quite heavily in some sections. Trouble is it does overpower some elements in the tune. I have heard people talk of putting White Noise "behind" Snares quite a lot and I am wondering, how would I go about putting certain parts of the track behind others?

Cheers,
Jordan

on liquid an minimaly tunes i like to use vinyl crackle under the tune
sounds loud when there not alot going on but settles into the mix when tune drops etc
just have it quiet in the mix and eq pretty much all lowend out but really depends on what the tune sounds like and what will work

i tend to hi-pass noise 250-1khz+ and drop the volume right down, it fills allot of space so doesnt really need allot of volume, the higher u hi-pass it, the further you can push it back into the mix

noise....
homer_drool.gif

Check out a vst called izotope vinyl, its handy for vinyl crackle noise and can sound good layered under the tune

To put it behind in the mix you want to make the sound as wide as possible- in terms of stereo width. I think there's numerous ways to do this for example using stereo delay or reverb plugins

Check out a vst called izotope vinyl, its handy for vinyl crackle noise and can sound good layered under the tune

I second this. Awesome, awesome plug. I recommend if you use it though you sample the sound that comes out of it, not because it takes up loads of CPU (its really light on CPU as you would imagine), but it has a tendency to run continuously under the track you have it on.

Rain samples can also be quite awesome underneath the right kind of track, it just takes some searching for good ones online.

Thanks for all the responses guys! :)

Will have a search for izotope vinyl later, cheers for the recommendation :D

i tend to hi-pass noise 250-1khz+ and drop the volume right down, it fills allot of space so doesnt really need allot of volume, the higher u hi-pass it, the further you can push it back into the mix

sounds interesting, definitely gonna try this next time I get on logic

Back
Top Bottom