Putting together a long mix on a PC

that_fred_guy

Hello all!

This weekend I am going to a party where I've been asked to supply all the music... fact is, all my mates are there and I don't wanna be in the badly positioned DJ booth for the whole night.

So I wanna put together a longer 2-3 hour mix for the times I'm not in the booth

what software do you guys know about that could help me achieve that? It would just be about transitioning tracks in a smooth manner, nothing fancy.. mainly electro/breaks stuff. Then I'll be mixing some drum and bass myself :)

So my idea was to make a mix on the PC on wack it on a CD

thanks for the help!

Yeah I do this alot aswell. I use virtual dj, ableton is really good as well. Most mixing software you actually pay for is half decent, just don't download some shite stuff from the net.

Ermmm by quickly glancing at his sig i would presume 4gifs.com =P

As regarding mixing software, mixmeister studio. Flippin does it for you when it comes to house etc, and can export as one monster mp3. Propper takes the fun out of mixing tho, and a complete novice could produce a pro level mix...so in many respects its shit. But for your purpose, its a quick fix. Good luck mate

wow thankyou everyone! too much help haha now I have to choose!

they all sound perfect, I will have a go at their trial versions and decide.

I will upload my live mix up on here :)

thanks all :)

you could just dl some mixes off the forums and create an mp3 cd with like 3x1hr sets...

just an idea.

I'd personally recommend getting Ableton for it's simplicity and and preciseness. I havn't tryed many others though

Back
Top Bottom