putting a tune in fl

ventalationized

erm, ive been wanting to make a track using samples from a proper song, i thought that the easiest way to get the samples i wanted would be to put them in fl n use slicex or fruity slicer. but i cant get the song into fruity loops because its wma not wav or an fl file, if anyone has any ideas how i could get the song into fruity loops it would be much appreciated:confused:

erm, ive been wanting to make a track using samples from a proper song, i thought that the easiest way to get the samples i wanted would be to put them in fl n use slicex or fruity slicer. but i cant get the song into fruity loops because its wma not wav or an fl file, if anyone has any ideas how i could get the song into fruity loops it would be much appreciated:confused:

i dont use fruity but am i right in guessing it only reads WAv's, AIff files & FL files?

ok, put the CD into your drive - if using windows set it in the 'rip' tab to rip the music to a Wav BEFORE doing this in the drop down menu. now you have a Wav of the song.

im assuming the 'fruity slicer' is sample slicer, 8, 16, 32, 64 lengths yes?

then you may need to chop it before you put it in there, do you have a sequencer or Audacity?

im sure there are probably easier ways to do this but i would open fruity and add "edison" to one of the channels which you can then import an mp3 into and slice out the bits you like, hope this helps. by the way i think edison is only on FL8

Edison is a more advanced version of the fruity slicer :)

im sure there are probably easier ways to do this but i would open fruity and add "edison" to one of the channels which you can then import an mp3 into and slice out the bits you like, hope this helps. by the way i think edison is only on FL8

Edison is a more advanced version of the fruity slicer :)

I tried opening edison but when i did it said "Problem loading Edison for an unknown reason, please insure it has been installed correctly" because of this it wont let me open Edison and ime sure that my FL8 is installed properly, any ideas mate?:confused:

I tried opening edison but when i did it said "Problem loading Edison for an unknown reason, please insure it has been installed correctly" because of this it wont let me open Edison and ime sure that my FL8 is installed properly, any ideas mate?:confused:

Not off hand mate but i'd suggest searching the forums and even google might be able to help.

Convert to WAV in Audacity.

This looks like the bast way mate, not 100% if audacity accepts wma tho? All you'd have to do is highlight the desired area, mark it up, save it and export.

How did our grandparents cope without computers and dnb then?!! :D

Back
Top Bottom