Purv - Whip it WIP [liquid]

Purv

Hey, been working on this groove for the past couple days... wondering if i could get some feedback. it's pretty rough, but the main idea is there i hope. i wanna drop the strings at some point and write some power liquid dnb a la netsky, metrik, fred v.

anything sound out of place in the mix? im having some problems with the shaker, i thought it sounded in place, but now it's seems overpowering, idk what happened.

v2:

any feedback is much appreciated thanks very much.

Last edited:
Plays fine here... liking the melodic pad very lush... I also love the drums they sound fine to me, sit nicely in the mix.

Nice track!
The only thing is that bothered me a bit is the vocal. It's a nice vocal, but it just doesn't sit well yet i think. Especially in the intro, with the part with the drums.
I feel it's a bit floating on top now
Other than that, good tune
I've got no problems with the drums or that shaker at all

Hey man, nice track! I think the mix overall is pretty nice although it seems imo that the sub is a little overpowering and dampening some of the clarity of the tune. I'd say maybe some more high end would also fill out the track just a little better. Everything else to me sounds pretty good! Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback guys. i've posted an update of the WIP - the typical power lead at the end needs work on the sound, i know, but i was wondering what you thought of the melody + bassline of that part?

most of what i've been struggling with is the arrangement of the track. i guess my biggest concern is that the part with the strings doesn't sound big enough or that the mix is missing other elements, so i'm concerned that I won't be able to carry that sound throughout the whole track, which is why i'm leaning towards dropping it and switching to the power liquid dnb at some points. It's a tough sample to work with too because you oly have 3 chords in it, and the third one is oddly dissonant, it's really difficult to write a catchy bassline around it.

anyways if anyone has some feedback on this new version always appreciated!

thanks for the help everyone.

v2

Thanks for the feedback guys. i've posted an update of the WIP - the typical power lead at the end needs work on the sound, i know, but i was wondering what you thought of the melody + bassline of that part?

most of what i've been struggling with is the arrangement of the track. i guess my biggest concern is that the part with the strings doesn't sound big enough or that the mix is missing other elements, so i'm concerned that I won't be able to carry that sound throughout the whole track, which is why i'm leaning towards dropping it and switching to the power liquid dnb at some points. It's a tough sample to work with too because you oly have 3 chords in it, and the third one is oddly dissonant, it's really difficult to write a catchy bassline around it.

anyways if anyone has some feedback on this new version always appreciated!

thanks for the help everyone.

v2

Loving this man! I wouldn't mind talking about a release on my label for our first release when its finished if your game? I can help you fine tune a few things and get it mastered ect. If your interested get in touch at idb1rec@gmail.com

Loving this man! I wouldn't mind talking about a release on my label for our first release when its finished if your game? I can help you fine tune a few things and get it mastered ect. If your interested get in touch at idb1rec@gmail.com

Ill give you a idea of what I would do if it was my track :) Just throwing ideas around lol I would start the track with the first 27 seconds of the first wip then flow into the beginning of the second wip meaning the first 21 seconds of wip 2 try and streach the build to 64 bars then go into the drop of wip 1. I would lose the main vocals unless you can find a way to fit them into the drop as they are holding you to a limited selection of chords. I would also lose the big strings as this isn't a track that could carry that if I'm honest. no offence btw. The drums sound good in general the mixdown is spot on apart from the high end is abit distorted or overpowered sounds more like a hiss in parts rather than high hats. Without the limited chords you are being forced to work with you could make the drop less repetitive so it would hold its own for 64 bars. Throw in some drum fills and scale the last few chords at the end of every 16 bars and overlay a arp or something to help the drop carry itself and you have a finished track. Well one half lol hope this helps in some way.

Ill give you a idea of what I would do if it was my track :) Just throwing ideas around lol I would start the track with the first 27 seconds of the first wip then flow into the beginning of the second wip meaning the first 21 seconds of wip 2 try and streach the build to 64 bars then go into the drop of wip 1. I would lose the main vocals unless you can find a way to fit them into the drop as they are holding you to a limited selection of chords. I would also lose the big strings as this isn't a track that could carry that if I'm honest. no offence btw. The drums sound good in general the mixdown is spot on apart from the high end is abit distorted or overpowered sounds more like a hiss in parts rather than high hats. Without the limited chords you are being forced to work with you could make the drop less repetitive so it would hold its own for 64 bars. Throw in some drum fills and scale the last few chords at the end of every 16 bars and overlay a arp or something to help the drop carry itself and you have a finished track. Well one half lol hope this helps in some way.

hey m8 i appreciate the feedback, i'll keep it in mind. as for the release, i am interested, do you have a link to some music for the release, i'd be really interested in hearing it. let me know, thanks. if you want to pm me that's cool too.

hey m8 i appreciate the feedback, i'll keep it in mind. as for the release, i am interested, do you have a link to some music for the release, i'd be really interested in hearing it. let me know, thanks. if you want to pm me that's cool too.
I've sent you a pm but its not showing in my outbox. If it hasn't sent can you please email me and ill send you the info over that way.

Back
Top Bottom