PUNCHY SNARE AND WHITE NOISE

JungleFever

VIP Junglist
how do you make white noise? does anyone have / know where to find?! would appreciate it

is there a way to eq snares when your layering or do you just cut at 150 - 200 and see what sounds best?

allot synths will produce noise of various colors, the color just refers the main freq range, white being hi-freq range

EQ snares depending on which part of each snare you want to be showing thru, sumtimes you might cut as high as 2khz if you just want the top end

cooledit (audition) can generate noise. open a txt file in a sampler and theres your noise. radio static is noise. get a mic, blow into it. put your finger on the tip of an audio cable. well thats more like a buzz. there are analog synths with noise on them, like the... juno i think? i have samples of that and as far as noise go its sounding pretty sweet. id layer it over all the hits to get a coherent sound, or id make hihats out of it, i also heard of a technique when you put a short 200 hz noise burst on the beginning of your snare (with a quick downwards pitch env i seem to recall) to make it more snappier. which could word i suppose.

It depends entirely on the type of snare you are eq'ing. I tend to use the sweep eq method to find the problematic frequencies in most sounds.

Back
Top Bottom