Pulselocker

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
While many DJs have happily made the transition over to MP3s and laptops, they haven't been able to take advantage of streaming services like Spotify for two reasons. The first is that any latency or lag can kill a dance floor.
I love Wired. I have a subscription that lands on my desk every month... But this made me want to cry.

Who the hell is on spotify as a dj tool?

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Seems like quite a good idea. But... But.... i very much doubt it will make any difference to a Drum and Bass DJ..... let alone myself... a UK Bass DJ where it can be quite hard to even find a MP3 store that even sells the stuff i want let alone a streaming/spotify type app like this.

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Seems like quite a good idea. But... But.... i very much doubt it will make any difference to a Drum and Bass DJ..... let alone myself... a UK Bass DJ where it can be quite hard to even find a MP3 store that even sells the stuff i want let alone a streaming/spotify type app like this.
this was my inital thought.
however
Pulselocker promises that it'll have five million tracks available by the end of 2012, and has already signed up a number of indie distributers, including INgrooves, Fontana, The Orchard, Believe Digital, PIAS, Valleyarm, Virtual Label, Republic of Music, SRD and Essential Music
SRD dist? could be interesting. but still wouldn't personally be interested in pulelocker.

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
Any piece of software that locks down a part of someones own PC and doesnt allow them access to folders on their own hard drive is not software i ever want on my pc.

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
i hate this mordern obsession with letting devices run your devices...
yeh but sometimes its pretty sick. IE.... watching movies on my XBOX that are streaming from my laptop.... or using my phone to control my laptop and xbox.... and using my phone to set recordings on my TiVo.

DUN KNOW!! Devices to run your devices.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
yeh but sometimes its pretty sick. IE.... watching movies on my XBOX that are streaming from my laptop.... or using my phone to control my laptop and xbox.... and using my phone to set recordings on my TiVo.

DUN KNOW!! Devices to run your devices.
nah, i mean more like how itunes indexes your music for you... or how a media player is no longer just a media player but the answer to all lifes questions... synergy between platforms is baus tings however

kenyon

@ The Crack Spot
VIP Junglist
"hidden files that you cant access on your computer", thats a load of bullshit you can access any file thats saved on your computer hense the "hidden" idiots!

josh-pl

Hi,

We are adding a ton of indie and underground content everyday, including DNB aggregators and labels. Notably to date, we have SRD, Nu Urban/RealPlayaz and a lot of DNB labels that flow through some of the larger aggregators such as INgrooves, the Orchard, PIAS, etc. If there's something in particular (artist, label, etc) that you're looking for that we don't have, please click the "Request Music" button within the app and we'll do our best to find it.

Cheers,

Josh | PL

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
I do more with my music collection that just DJ with it though (like... actually listen to it at home/work/in the car etc.), this would be good for commercial club DJs, cant see anyone I know using it.

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Hi,

We are adding a ton of indie and underground content everyday, including DNB aggregators and labels. Notably to date, we have SRD, Nu Urban/RealPlayaz and a lot of DNB labels that flow through some of the larger aggregators such as INgrooves, the Orchard, PIAS, etc. If there's something in particular (artist, label, etc) that you're looking for that we don't have, please click the "Request Music" button within the app and we'll do our best to find it.

Cheers,

Josh | PL
:orly: