pub quiz

rob_del_terror

- ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε
VIP Junglist
easy peeps.

i've been asked to run the pub quiz by the landlord of my second home. be doin it once a week and i need to come up with 20 questions a week. thought i'd give you knowlegable chaps a shout as usually waffles a pretty good source for anything and everything.

i know theres 1001 sites you can visit but then you end up with the same sort of boring shit that goes on in every pub quiz. suggestions please of questions, also if you have any ideas of shit i could do to spice it up a bit. tis an indie pub, mainly full of students so anything goes basically.

thanks in advance you sexy beasts. may your nipples explode with delight.

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
You thinking of categories? Maybe if you're aiming towards a student crowd, a lot of pop culture questions would be handy to do.
Seeing as the Oscars have just been, how about this one:
"Jennifer Lawrence won the Oscar for best actress, for her role in the Silver Linings Playbook this past Sunday. But, what unfortunate event happened to her when she went to receive the award?"

Answer: She stacked it up the stage stairs.

Pretty simple, relevant question I'd say.

rob_del_terror

- ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε
VIP Junglist
yeah, both spot on!! i'm not actually writing this weeks. but i'll sent those suggestions over to the landlord. i may just rattle a quiick oscars based round together.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
gwarn rob! oceans 13! crime of the century! with the 20 quid we can overthrow a banana republic government and live like kings for at least four months until the next coo. OR four pints of magners. the latter being the most attractive

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
do it blockbusters style, dress up like bob and what not.

then u can say
"in what P does a homless person sleep in"
his own ... mwwwahhhhahahahaha eaheaha

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
yeah never really got that one myself. but what i came to talk about was time travel rules. they vary somehwat between the main paradigms (back II the future, terminator, looper, quantum leap, dr who, etc) , but basically all agree that if you change the most miniscule thing in the past, and then something something, about possibly a butterfly and a hurricane left on in latin america (poor sods) for much too long. there is only so much hurricane a country can stand, specially if its half way under water already (honduras). hey you got any experience with really strong wind?

chanty

VIP Junglist
name the london football ground that was also the name of a battle in 1066....
most people will say "hastings"
answer is "the battle of stamford bridge"
yer man won that battle then breeezed on to hastings to fuck shit up.

this question was in the last one i was at

also what was paul mccartney wearing on his feet on the famous abbey road album cover??
answer = nothing.

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
Q: who is the most popular 'alternative candidate' proposed for being the 'real' William Shakespere?

A: Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford.. he used the pen name 'William Shakespere'

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
QUESTION:
What colour never shows up in ancient writings? Such as ancient greek or the original Hebrew bible, in fact this color never appears in any ancient text.
ANSWER:
Blue

Hombre-J

Currently Ballsacked
VIP Junglist
QUESTION:
What colour never shows up in ancient writings? Such as ancient greek or the original Hebrew bible, in fact this color never appears in any ancient text.
ANSWER:
Blue
That's cause it was all in black and white back then, duh