Psychoholic

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Psychoholic, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Had some criticism on my alias Psychoholic and although I find it a pretty cool name it no longer fits my style. When you hear Psychoholic you'd think some weird ass experimental neuro shizzles would come up, and three years ago when I just started and made up that alias I was producing hard psychedelic hardcore and rough stuff that would fit the name.

I'm thinking about Narcosmic its narcotics and cosmic somehow I'd like to hang on to the whole two words in name thing ;) .

What you guys think about that one ?

(Keeping Psychoholic as my harder alias though, will transfer al the easy going and liquid stuff to the new one)

Cheers

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i think people put too much thought into their aliases

how often do you actually take into consideration the retardedness of a producers name? i know i don't, i just take it as it is and don't bother questioning it.

3. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Not a lot of thought went in it just came up and thought that Psychoholic would gives the wrong prejudices, but maybe your right.

4. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Best advice mate.... dont try spell something differently..... like DANJAROUS for example. At first your names only going to be passed around via word of mouth.... so you need people to be able to spell it when searching or posting on fb etc. Also... something thats searchable.... which mine isnt..... as you already know.... and something you able to easilly say to someone when completely off your titts..... my dnb name RocksteadyUK.... was a name i always found myself repeating to people.... which gets pretty annoying....

You need something that rolls off the toungue well as well...... and easilly memorable.

For me when i was looking for a new alias to do my UK Bass stuff.... and i thought of Skimo.... i instantly knew it was the one. On searching i found it was used by some spanish band... and a latin american nickleodeon charactor. A little annoying.... but for me it was perfect as it was 1 word... 2 syllabels.... which most major names in UK Bass/Future Garage generally are.

Psychoholic to me isnt something that makes me think of Neuro or dnb at all. I just thought you was some weird dutch guy who had taken too many mushrooms. Especially with the whole shroom themed logo. I think you need to kinda move away from symbology.... ie Cosmic... as it makes you think of space... and no doubt will have a space themed logo, artwork and what ever else.... nothing unique about that.

Like... i mean.... what the fuck does Skimo mean.... or Roska..... or Noisia..... nothing. They are just words that are slightly recognisable but have a nice sound and roll off the toungue well. Anyway.... nuff of that..... cant be arsed... heres my mate WARSNAREs video......

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  5. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

i think you should just watch American Psycho 300 times and let it influence your personality, then whatever you do will be cool.

[video=vimeo;50999939]http://vimeo.com/50999939[/video]
    [video=vimeo;51006833]http://vimeo.com/51006833[/video]
    [video=vimeo;51026032]http://vimeo.com/51026032[/video]

ThePapa likes this.
  6. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Isn't Noisia just a play on noisier... as in louder? I could be wrong, I just always assumed that.

What about calling yourself Nausea... haha

7. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

8. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

my names stupid but I can't be bothered to think of anything else, it's got a bit of a ring to it and my sister drew a pretty cool picture to go with it so I think I'm just gonna keep it, it's like Armed said no one really gives a shit about the name once they've heard the music and like Rocks said as long as the name isn't too hard to search or spell you should be alright getting found. I don't think Psychoholic is that bad a name but it does give the impression that you love psychedelics (probably not a lie? and not necessarily a bad thing ) there are stupider names out there like Audio, just type Audio into google see what comes up, although I suppose you could always go down the route of searching "Audio drum and bass" but I still don't think that gives the greatest search results. At least Psychoholic is pretty unique.

As matey above has pointed out but not actually explained that clearly Noisia is the word Vision upside down they saw it on a video tape or some shit.

9. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

they spotted the word "VISION" on a VHS tape upside down, i originally thought it was just a play on nausea and noise...but that might be why they chose to use it.

10. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

I always read Armed as Ahmed..... and then on his Soundcloud as Armdee. I have visions of a al-queda dnb studio.

11. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

it's 'Rysk' now....armed, ahmed and arm-d all sounded queer as fuck. Plus turns out, there's already a duo of producers that go under the name of 'armed', and one half of them is called 'payn' when my mates alias is 'playn'

12. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Al right thanks guys some real wise things have been said, the ratio of obtuseness is quite low on this topic which contradict my expectations (something like fuck you Psychoholic is a gay name and so is Narcosmic now get your ass out of waffle noob). Also Rock that Warsnare guy is slamming.

13. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

serum made techstep under the name nausea for a long time. nothing released i dont think but that was one of his aliases.
    you know what my favourite thing is, in american psycho? when he chills, that just cracks me up. he says he cant feel anything but greed and disgust, but when hes not doing any thing just listening to music or watching jeopardy or a crossword there is great comedy in that

14. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Cyst. Thats a nice one too. How about:

Fyst
    Jyst
    Myst
    Amber Leaf
    Bacco
    Panasynic
    Auditron
    Document
    Dystant
    Tool
    Muno
    Static Movement
    Slipdisc
    Aprobate
    Reprobate
    Break Seal
    Visa dBit

You heard all those here first. If you wish to use any.... £10 a name. hahahahahaha

15. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

I like it when he whips on that anorak and goes nuts with the axe.

16. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

rocks, those are all great, what are you doing? the dubstep (bass music or whatever its called) brigade will be he and internet those names in a second

17. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Cyst is quite nice indeed, so are you now friendly suggesting me to get rid of my name?

18. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

19. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

No... i like Trance Loving Nazi Pedo.

hahaha

nah... up to you mate. to be honest.... im not really a fan of psychoholic. kinda makes me think your a bit of a trip head..... which for me... although its not a bad name really.... it does however... for what ever reason.... make me not to really want to listen to your music.... i dont even know why that is.... it also doesnt stand out as a artist name to me at all...... especially with the shroom themed logo. If i was you... id at least loose the shroom...... At first.... i thought you was just some weirdo dutch guy whos taken too many shrooms..... not that you must be into making music.

20. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

American Psycho is one of the greatest comedies of our time, full of dark humour, the little jokes that are throughout the film, moments when you feel a little laugh coming but you stop it, because you got told its a serious film about serious murder stuff. its the little things like how the police car at the end blows up spectacularly with one shot from a pistol, the overwhelming silliness of the business card scene, I could go on. the the film is funny as fuuuuck.