DnB Psychoholic - Sanctum

What are you using to create your drums? It sounds like Edirol or some sort of drum machine synth? They sound very muddy and weak, I noticed this in your last couple of tracks too. I'd suggest getting some new samples and building your own drum kits. My personal opinion of drum synths is pretty negative.

I have focused mainly on your drums because they are the weakest part of the track, the rest of it sits very nicely and sounds pretty clean, just those drums letting it down bro...

What are you using to create your drums? It sounds like Edirol or some sort of drum machine synth? They sound very muddy and weak, I noticed this in your last couple of tracks too. I'd suggest getting some new samples and building your own drum kits. My personal opinion of drum synths is pretty negative.

I have focused mainly on your drums because they are the weakest part of the track, the rest of it sits very nicely and sounds pretty clean, just those drums letting it down bro...

Thanks mate, all my drums are samples most of the times a mix between breaks and individual drum hits I place myself, I never use drum synths actually I guess the way I select my drums is just lacking I will work on that ! Thanks for the feedback !

i dont know man, a lot of the time it feels like you are making a) what youve heard others do or b) what you think people want to hear from you.
when will you make something original? something truly michelle? or mildred as is your new name btw. its art, so be artistic. btw i just finished a new tune, its probably way shitter than your new tune, in fact, im sure of it, but its original, thats one thing i can proudly say about it. its mainly made from strange noises a reverb plug does when you run a shit hot signal from a desk and a valve pre-amp and then sample that. it became this rythmic bleeping depeinding on what knob and how much i tweaked it. mainly, it was static and feedback of course. but thats beside the point.
as for our session, i still havent worked that out. its a pretty good bit, actually, you wouldnt think so, but its alright actually. but as i said i still havent worked that out.

i dont know man, a lot of the time it feels like you are making a) what youve heard others do or b) what you think people want to hear from you.
when will you make something original? something truly michelle? or mildred as is your new name btw. its art, so be artistic. btw i just finished a new tune, its probably way shitter than your new tune, in fact, im sure of it, but its original, thats one thing i can proudly say about it. its mainly made from strange noises a reverb plug does when you run a shit hot signal from a desk and a valve pre-amp and then sample that. it became this rythmic bleeping depeinding on what knob and how much i tweaked it. mainly, it was static and feedback of course. but thats beside the point.
as for our session, i still havent worked that out. its a pretty good bit, actually, you wouldnt think so, but its alright actually. but as i said i still havent worked that out.

Karlos, karlenteh and kalrini, have you got more personalities in your brain or have I taken all of them into account ?
Haha thanks brolingus never thought I would see you hoppin around the production forum. You maybe right or not, but I have never intended to make a track alike a track that I've heard before, The "B" thing you said could be true, but it is not my focus at all to create tracks that I think other people like, the majority is really weird ambient and atmospheric drum and bass that in the drums is so weak they are neglect able just because I like that kind of music when trippin balls and stuff like that, I've posted this track not because I had bad feedback (or no feedback) on my ambient tracks but basically because I was jamming and this came out of the process and I posted it on here to get some feedback which my ambient tracks lacked but I didnt make it because THE PEOPLE don't like my ambient schnitzels. Later brolingus.

about those drums, did you ever consider using your 303 for drums? in fact would you do a 303 sample pack for the compo? it would be awesome to have a couple of 303 waveforms just long, one note wave forms, out the 303. ive got the hots for the 303 right now you see. and the upcoming compo is going to be fun my man.
funner than before. i guarantee you wont be disappointed. BUT back to your drums, did you ever consider making cymbals out of wind in trees noise, and using a half filled teapot for kicks?
thats my whole point, drums dont have to be big kick, sharp shuffle, big snare, it can be... clicks and blarps from an old vhs tape cassette. can be you kicking a coffee mug down the local ikea. wont sound like chase and status but it will be cool as crap my fine feathered young pork rind

Back
Top Bottom