Psychoholic - I Dream Intro (need some ideas)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Psychoholic, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Hi guys I fixed up this intro for a DnB track but I'm kind off stuck and I do not know what to add from here, everything I add seems to fuck up the whole track and it instantly loses its mojo.
    I hope you guys could hit me up with some ideas on what I could add from here, this is the first kind of emotional and really mellow sort of track so I find it quite hard to keep it that way.

Thanks upfront ;)

2. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

What I would do personnally is keep the part 0:00 - 0:40 then add clear and crisp liquid drums, with a simple sine sub bass and like some piano notes with delay and reverb that comes in and out, and keep some words of the vocals with a lot of delay to give a rolling / atmospheric kind of feeling.
    Then progressively add pads and some sounds, that leads to a breakdown, and then a second drop where you can go a little bit more crazy with the bass, some synth sounds, etc...

Thats what I would personnally try to attempt, hope this helps

Psychoholic likes this.
  3. KRE

KRE New Member

I think the drums need to be crisper and have more punch to them. I really like the feel of it; you should continue to build on the later part of the song. Add vocals to it, build to a chorus or drop.

Psychoholic likes this.
  4. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

I think you should have different drums, maybe more plucky hits with reverb. As in minimal dnb style.
    maybe u can find smth in here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKIYnfgq28
    just a random vid tho, but I guess it leads to my point. Clicks, snaps, short kicks, I think that will make you keep the relaxed style from the intro, but at the same time make the whole rolling a bit ;)

Psychoholic likes this.