DnB Psychoholic - Huana (ambient)

I like it overall. The howling wind thing got a bit repetitive for me. I really like the extra sounds starting at around 1:20. By 2:10 I did feel like I wanted more variation in the main theme, even if it's just some FX, though I will say the wind fit in better by that point. Finally, I liked the musicality of it—it really does have a kind of haunting, ambient feel.

I like it overall. The howling wind thing got a bit repetitive for me. I really like the extra sounds starting at around 1:20. By 2:10 I did feel like I wanted more variation in the main theme, even if it's just some FX, though I will say the wind fit in better by that point. Finally, I liked the musicality of it—it really does have a kind of haunting, ambient feel.
Thanks a lot kdk I really appreciate your feedback not only honest but also constructive and useful I'm glad you liked it overall :) !

Interesting track man, though the melody seems very repetitive. I only find that to be an issue until 1:12 - after that, the extra percussion/fx kept me interested. I would personally try to put more emphasis on the drums, but I'm not too sure what effect that would have on the nice atmosphere of the track.

Agreed with all the above, some cool sounds in there, but a bit repetitive. I know that you don't really notice this when being high ;)
Also, might wanna define the drums a bit more? I know it's an ambient track, but a bit more punch or strength behind the drums would do the track good I think.

Ga zo door maat! :)

Agreed with the opinion about the track being very repetetive. Maybe if the pad/melody loop was double as long it wouldnt feel just as dull! But overall, I like the sounds they are really chilled. I think the pad/melody could have a bit shorter attack than it has atm, for more structure but it might be just a personal opinion. Liking it tho :)

The sound you used is entrancing. The snare is perfect for some odd reason. I also like the Chinese sounding stabs. Melodic variation could do this song some justice.

Interesting track man, though the melody seems very repetitive. I only find that to be an issue until 1:12 - after that, the extra percussion/fx kept me interested. I would personally try to put more emphasis on the drums, but I'm not too sure what effect that would have on the nice atmosphere of the track.

Thanks mate, I hoped that the extra percussion and fx after 1.12 would keep the listener interested, my main focus on productions lately is to make engulfing tracks that give you almost a trance like state of mind, I'm absolutely not that good yet to completely suck in some ones attention, but the repetitiveness was an element I really wanted to have in this track for the "trancelike (not the genre)" purposes, and that is why I varied with percussion and fx not with the melody.

Agreed with all the above, some cool sounds in there, but a bit repetitive. I know that you don't really notice this when being high ;)
Also, might wanna define the drums a bit more? I know it's an ambient track, but a bit more punch or strength behind the drums would do the track good I think.
Ga zo door maat! :)

I think you are very right, when looking at psychedelic trance for instance they tend to create a spacey vibe and you lose track of time AND it has a very strong kick drum I always was a bit scared of putting to much emphasize on my drums while making more ambient kind of DnB but it might be just a really good thing in the end! Bedankt maat ;) !

Agreed with the opinion about the track being very repetetive. Maybe if the pad/melody loop was double as long it wouldnt feel just as dull! But overall, I like the sounds they are really chilled. I think the pad/melody could have a bit shorter attack than it has atm, for more structure but it might be just a personal opinion. Liking it tho :)

Great advice thanks JimpaDirt doubling the pad/melody loop would result in a more interesting track without losing the spacey feel of repetitiveness, thanks for listening!

The sound you used is entrancing. The snare is perfect for some odd reason. I also like the Chinese sounding stabs. Melodic variation could do this song some justice.

Thanks a lot IV4 I love that you said the track was entrancing which was what I was going for not jump up dancefloor stuff ;) as I said previously melodic variation would kill the track in my opinion doubling the melody lenght would have been a good idea though since it does get a bit boring I just hoped that the short breaks and percussion/fx would keep the not incredibly stoned listener interested :P

Back
Top Bottom