Drum & Bass Psychoholic - Huana (ambient)

kdk

I like it overall. The howling wind thing got a bit repetitive for me. I really like the extra sounds starting at around 1:20. By 2:10 I did feel like I wanted more variation in the main theme, even if it's just some FX, though I will say the wind fit in better by that point. Finally, I liked the musicality of it—it really does have a kind of haunting, ambient feel.

Psychoholic

Quantum Cunt
VIP Junglist
I like it overall. The howling wind thing got a bit repetitive for me. I really like the extra sounds starting at around 1:20. By 2:10 I did feel like I wanted more variation in the main theme, even if it's just some FX, though I will say the wind fit in better by that point. Finally, I liked the musicality of it—it really does have a kind of haunting, ambient feel.
Thanks a lot kdk I really appreciate your feedback not only honest but also constructive and useful I'm glad you liked it overall :) !

Interesting track man, though the melody seems very repetitive. I only find that to be an issue until 1:12 - after that, the extra percussion/fx kept me interested. I would personally try to put more emphasis on the drums, but I'm not too sure what effect that would have on the nice atmosphere of the track.

Nucleoid

Nucleoid Drum & Bass
Agreed with all the above, some cool sounds in there, but a bit repetitive. I know that you don't really notice this when being high ;)
Also, might wanna define the drums a bit more? I know it's an ambient track, but a bit more punch or strength behind the drums would do the track good I think.

Ga zo door maat! :)

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Agreed with the opinion about the track being very repetetive. Maybe if the pad/melody loop was double as long it wouldnt feel just as dull! But overall, I like the sounds they are really chilled. I think the pad/melody could have a bit shorter attack than it has atm, for more structure but it might be just a personal opinion. Liking it tho :)

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
The sound you used is entrancing. The snare is perfect for some odd reason. I also like the Chinese sounding stabs. Melodic variation could do this song some justice.

Psychoholic

Quantum Cunt
VIP Junglist
Interesting track man, though the melody seems very repetitive. I only find that to be an issue until 1:12 - after that, the extra percussion/fx kept me interested. I would personally try to put more emphasis on the drums, but I'm not too sure what effect that would have on the nice atmosphere of the track.
Thanks mate, I hoped that the extra percussion and fx after 1.12 would keep the listener interested, my main focus on productions lately is to make engulfing tracks that give you almost a trance like state of mind, I'm absolutely not that good yet to completely suck in some ones attention, but the repetitiveness was an element I really wanted to have in this track for the "trancelike (not the genre)" purposes, and that is why I varied with percussion and fx not with the melody.

Agreed with all the above, some cool sounds in there, but a bit repetitive. I know that you don't really notice this when being high ;)
Also, might wanna define the drums a bit more? I know it's an ambient track, but a bit more punch or strength behind the drums would do the track good I think.
Ga zo door maat! :)
I think you are very right, when looking at psychedelic trance for instance they tend to create a spacey vibe and you lose track of time AND it has a very strong kick drum I always was a bit scared of putting to much emphasize on my drums while making more ambient kind of DnB but it might be just a really good thing in the end! Bedankt maat ;) !

Agreed with the opinion about the track being very repetetive. Maybe if the pad/melody loop was double as long it wouldnt feel just as dull! But overall, I like the sounds they are really chilled. I think the pad/melody could have a bit shorter attack than it has atm, for more structure but it might be just a personal opinion. Liking it tho :)
Great advice thanks JimpaDirt doubling the pad/melody loop would result in a more interesting track without losing the spacey feel of repetitiveness, thanks for listening!

The sound you used is entrancing. The snare is perfect for some odd reason. I also like the Chinese sounding stabs. Melodic variation could do this song some justice.
Thanks a lot IV4 I love that you said the track was entrancing which was what I was going for not jump up dancefloor stuff ;) as I said previously melodic variation would kill the track in my opinion doubling the melody lenght would have been a good idea though since it does get a bit boring I just hoped that the short breaks and percussion/fx would keep the not incredibly stoned listener interested :p