PS3 Deals

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by $marty, Sep 24, 2008.

1. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Ez all,
    My missus and I are getting one on Friday, anyone know of any good deals about at the min?? And some good exclusive games too??

2. Reference

Reference fair shout.

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

failed attempt at trolling. im going to come up with something else. something edgey, you know. something crazy.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  4. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

No real must-have exclusive games. Apart from maybe Metal Gear Solid - but that's a film not a game.

I've heard Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is good and so is Ratchet & Clank: T&C but they're the only good games on the PS3 that aren't available on the XBox 360. And there are more XBox exclusives nowadays.

5. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Where the fuck does anyone find the time to play computer games that's what gets me :confused:

6. logikz

yeah really. mate of mine (who happens to live at my place at the moment :rinsed: ) brought over an xbox monday and i couldnt care less. my sampler commands all my attention

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  7. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

A MATE OF YOURS NOOB...SOUNDS HOMO

8. logikz

NO HOMO NOOB

9. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah though, who needs worms when you've got the worm break...

Rob, my mate who lives with me (no homo, Fes!) has a PS2 and an xbox.. they literally haven't been used once since he moved in...

I'd much rather make a sick new break, or have a fat mix rather than unlock the next level on final fucking fantasy...

Retro gaming though, that rules, I definately one day wanna have a Nes (if only for Punch Out), Snes (Street Fighter, Mario Cart), and N64 (GoldenEye)... After that you don't need anything else...

Course finding the time to buy and set up all of these is never going to happen so all of this is a massive pipe dream... Along with my plan to buy an Atari ST and some early sampling and sequencing software so that I can make real old school jungle, that's never gonna happen either, or my plan to set up a record label or commercial cleaning company, or my spray-on wax idea, or the new producers online download store that I've already thought out how to do and have the software for but just need to get the server space, or that blog that I've been meaning to start for so long...

Yeah I have ideas, loads of them, but when do I have the time to even start?

10. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Motorstorm 2 on PS3 is out soon, going to be sick!

11. JayHecttech

JayHecttech Member

use payloadz m8, thats who i use
    they give ya unlimited space on their server for a % of profits, i think its 10% (which is nowt really, cheaper than a server)
    no hidden charges, if u dont earn u dont pay ;)

12. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Cheers but I mean I wanna set up a new store.... I've got all the software and everything developed, helped develop it at my work for other purposes but have though how we could re-purpose it for this use...

It'd be pretty straightforward to do, could probably have the thing up and running in a few weeks, just need to re-jig the front end, but a decent URL, and get some content... But like I say, never gonna get round to it, pure fucking pipe dream man...

13. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

What with work and the kid, I hardly play.

That said, when Fallout 3 comes out I'll be AWOL for a while.

I've also ordered some music software so I can finally start putting together my crapstep masterpieces.

14. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Yeah them little ones take up all your time so I hear... My mate described his life as thus: wake up, do bottles, cycle to work, work all day, cycle home, cook dinner, do more bottles, bed, repeat ad nauseum...

Yet for some reason I still really wanna have kids, fucking mother nature!

15. $marty

Thanks for the help peeps. @ Dusty we are going to get Ratchet & Clank & Uncharted as they are £20 each so they are a steal really.

16. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Have fun and get GTA IV as well.

17. $marty

Got it for the 360 moite

18. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

i have just finished coll of duty 4, that is a heavy game, its short but i think its really for online play tbh, i have played it online and it was a beast, prob the best online game i have played.

i am a footbal man and i love Fifa, itsa belter, cant be arsed starting the whole Pro Evo Vs Fifa debate it fuckin bores me, i like fifa, other people like Pro Evo, deal with it.

Fight Night is a stonker n all, prolly some of the best graffix i have seen on a game, and u can beat theshit outta ya mates....

plus i reckon preowned games are a fuckin bargain, i never buy brand nu...cat see the point.

19. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

:word:

I downloaded the demo last week, the frame rate is fucking hectic, ur eyes can barley keep up & monster trucks...

Little Big Planet out in October too, gonna be massive!

Home should be launching later this year, the second life avatar thing for 'social interaction'

Uncharted & Ratchet n Clank are both heavy titles, there are some quality weapons to use in the latter, the disco grenade always works well

Also check out some of the games on the PSN when u get hooked up, Echochrome is a MC Esher style game seems like fun but best buy on there is Pain, & the "Abusement Park" was added a couple of weeks ago, so much fun to be had playing with ragdoll physics in a theme park!!!

20. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

Fifa's a sick game have you played the 09 demo? defiently getting that when it comes out. Fight night is sick aswell gets a bit repetative tin the career mode. Fight night round 4 is going to have tyson and loads fo other new fighters cant wait for that