Protoplasym - "Digital Gremlins" (testy/wip)

Neural Tech

Nuskool
VIP Junglist
http://nuskoolbreaks.us/testing/

Any comments on how this sounds Production wise is greatly appreciated. It feels like it's well balanced to me, but if anyone feels something is off, please let me know.

I'm in the middle of sequencing this one... should be a stormer when it's done.

:thisforumrocks:

p.s. - If you have any issues streaming this, simply dl it: it's only 7 MB and it's a wav. sanks

nice combo of sounds goin on in this, like the beat alot - some well placed hats and nice meaty subs. only thing i would say is that the fx get a lil bit nasal in the middle, might be me but seems to get distorty there, which could well be what your going for.
nice though look forward to hearin more of that

Thanks for the feedback, drp81. :)

Well, I take it no one feels the mix is out of balance, so I'm going to go full steam and get this puppy sequenced.

yeah the mixdown is alrite besides the fx from 22 seconds is too loud, but tbh i wasnt feeling this man. bassline has character but its a little too out there.

Locked!

Sounding quite full so far man (overall) not really feelin the sound of the synthy bass you got goin over the top i like the idea of it its just a bit wild at times a bit more faffin about (i.e the volume/filtering) an i can see it workin, being a wip i dont really know wats completly finished to comment on an what your still working on but as far as the drums go, the main kick has a good punch to it, snare needs more of a lower hittin layer to it its missin the low punch (listenin on headphones) the high end of the snare is cuttin through alot, overal i feel the loop is missing some highpassed breaks to bring it all together, im liking the arrangement of the hats tho, very nice.

My fav bit in this (bar the riff) is the stabz an bleeps at the beginning of the loop very nice :2thumbs:
Keep at it tho man! pm me a link when you got it down an ill be happy to comment more :)

Safe!

Locked!

Sounding quite full so far man (overall) not really feelin the sound of the synthy bass you got goin over the top i like the idea of it its just a bit wild at times a bit more faffin about (i.e the volume/filtering) an i can see it workin, being a wip i dont really know wats completly finished to comment on an what your still working on but as far as the drums go, the main kick has a good punch to it, snare needs more of a lower hittin layer to it its missin the low punch (listenin on headphones) the high end of the snare is cuttin through alot, overal i feel the loop is missing some highpassed breaks to bring it all together, im liking the arrangement of the hats tho, very nice.

My fav bit in this (bar the riff) is the stabz an bleeps at the beginning of the loop very nice :2thumbs:
Keep at it tho man! pm me a link when you got it down an ill be happy to comment more :)

Safe!

Oh wow... thanks a lot for your in depth feedback on such a small clip... it's appreciated!

In regard to the SD: I have another low endish layer that'll be used throughout the meat of the track, it should fill up that 120-300ish space you mention being lacking.

Interesting that you mention layering a HP Break in the background... I hadn't thought of that and honestly, I don't do that very often... but I know exactly what you mean, sometimes doing that can really make a track 'gel' in terms of Percussion. Trust me, there's going to be lots of drum action going on :twisted:

I'm sorry you're not feeling the bass... because I'm really enjoying it. It's LPed in this clip, so that the HP/Delayed/Filtered version layered on top can be easily heard in the mix.

I've got another version where it's the plain B-line being ran through Trash, and it sounds pretty meaty... here, if anyone wants to comment on that version, I'd appreciate it. It's pretty 'farty' :clown:... I'm lovin it though. I know it's a run of the mill B-line, but I'm pretty partial to rolly sounding bass.

'Digital Gremlins Testy B'

http://nuskoolbreaks.us/testing/

I've got multiple basses for this track and it's 'really' screwing me... I've already started the entire sequence over 3x now, lol... :rolleyes:... it's not cool, I made too many sounds and am now having hell getting it all to fit in an 8 minute space.

Thanks for the listens so far, and I'm sure I can count on the badasses of this forum to let me know what they think of the full track when I post it.

Back
Top Bottom