DnB Protoplasym - Contagious

More sub! It's seems very weak on my system. Interesting track though.

Well that's a bummer. :confused: First time anyone's told me that about the tune. What is your system comprised of if I might ask; also, did you try turning up your bass a bit to see if that compensated for the lack of Sub?

Well that's a bummer. :confused: First time anyone's told me that about the tune. What is your system comprised of if I might ask; also, did you try turning up your bass a bit to see if that compensated for the lack of Sub?

I have two 8” monitors and a 10” sub. The sub is turned down a bit more than it used to be (to give my ears a break) but I did reference it with a few other tracks to double check. If you’ve had no complaints before and are happy with it then there’s no problem. I just like my bass as big as possible! Personal preference I suppose

The best way I've found of getting my sub volume level in the right region is to chuck some reference tracks in a spectrum analyser to give me a target. Don't know if you're already doing this?

It's nice when it drops, I had to skip through the track to 1:40 to realise that it hadn't already dropped, so I would say making your tune structure more obvious would improve this track. There's definitely a lot of cool sounds in the tune but I feel like there's too much going on and chunkier sounding drums would help you out too!

I have two 8” monitors and a 10” sub. The sub is turned down a bit more than it used to be (to give my ears a break) but I did reference it with a few other tracks to double check. If you’ve had no complaints before and are happy with it then there’s no problem. I just like my bass as big as possible! Personal preference I suppose

Right on, I appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you referenced it on.

The best way I've found of getting my sub volume level in the right region is to chuck some reference tracks in a spectrum analyser to give me a target. Don't know if you're already doing this?

Yes indeed, this was Mastered with Ozone 3. I love its SA.

It's nice when it drops, I had to skip through the track to 1:40 to realise that it hadn't already dropped, so I would say making your tune structure more obvious would improve this track. There's definitely a lot of cool sounds in the tune but I feel like there's too much going on and chunkier sounding drums would help you out too!

I've always taken pride in my sequencing, so it's interesting to hear from someone that the structure wasn't obvious. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom