Prophet : Where's Ya Tool

love the crunchy bassline mate...got me skanking at work lol!

not a fan of the intro...seems too basic for me, lost interest in the song.
n maybe a bit of a build up for the drop?
kicks n snare sound hard, percussion is coming through nicely, seems like good EQin

maybe when u break it down about 1:12 u could add some automation or some effect to keep the momentum going as well.

hard tune tho..id skank

Yeah I'm gonna work a better intro onto the bad boy at some point, it's only a 1st draft so still gonna play around with a few bits.

Was thinking of automating the cutoff on the bass during the break too (great minds think alike lol)

Cheers for the listen and the comments

likin the sound of this one alot mate.
think there may be a little to much distortion on the bass tho not much tho it is sounding good.
drums sound nice and punchy
overall likin this mate like to hear the end product

Marlok mate you the king of this sort of bass, so if you say there's too much distortion, I'ma take your word for it and go change it a bit.

thats some dirty jump up boy!! NASTY! i was feeling the intro myself...feeling the tune.. its drum and bass in ya face! love that little ambient pad that swoops in sometimes at the end of 16

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

really love that snare mate, i think thats what makes this tune sound solid

Bassline!
That made me smile man. Nice change up around 2 mins+
In the first drop section I was thinking the high bit sounds a bit quiet, that huge bass is owning everything.

There's room for some extra fx and other small high tweaks and melodies that don't follow the bassline melody, but it's a first draft. Got my head nodding for sure. (y) :slayer:

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Came back for another listen and the tracks gone.
PS: if you do change the distortion settings make sure you keep these ones saved just in case, I reckon it was pretty good.

thats some dirty jump up boy!! NASTY! i was feeling the intro myself...feeling the tune.. its drum and bass in ya face! love that little ambient pad that swoops in sometimes at the end of 16

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

really love that snare mate, i think thats what makes this tune sound solid

Cheers mate, I thought it sounded pretty cool too. Kinda builds a little tension every now and then

listening again man i really think the intro could do with a bit of background noise or something, it sounds quite bare with just the synth

imo the hats are holding the tune back, sounds good as it is, but i think it could sound even better with a more direct and louder hats. id eq the bass a bit more or take out some distortion aswell.

the introsynth is ok imo, could use more "sound" tho. theres nothing else going on? why not make it fatter?

nice one tho :)

Cheers for the feedback Groelle, it's only a 1st draft so all feedback is taken into consideration for the final piece.

Will keep you updated mate

I'm not a fan of the rushed intro but it does what you intended it to do. Everything is cutting through in the Mix in my cheap headphones.

1:11 - 1:21... that Bit Decimation on the Bass is a bit much don't ya think? Adds a minor aftertaste (decay) to the bass that imo is a little unwelcome. Honestly, I couldn't tell until this element was singled out by itself during this section. Nevermind, it sounds fine when everything else is kicking on top at the same time.

Tune is fun... but I'd like to hear some other layers... at least one Lead in there somewhere.

If you're interested, check out the latest lil clip I stuck up.... it's at 180 : )

:funstuff:

Hmm....a lead in a jump up track...I'm not too sure about that if I'm honest Proto mate, shouldnt the crunchy bass lead the track? Either way, I have a couple of subtle synth lines running through there.

Hmm....a lead in a jump up track...I'm not too sure about that if I'm honest Proto mate, shouldnt the crunchy bass lead the track? Either way, I have a couple of subtle synth lines running through there.

Definitely... and it does. I'm simply talking about 'accompanying' Leadlines... not Bass Layers with different patches covering the 250 and onward.

You've got a couple Lead Layers already... but they're following your Bass note for note. I'm talking about making something Steady and Constant to go along with your Bass in the background but with a different Melody.

Know what I mean?
: V

2:17 - 2:18 I like the way you're using that Pad as a lil Filler sound, but imo... the tune could definitely benefit from some more of that Pad.

Tune is cool... my ears simply want more noises.
: )))

i like it. I think the intro could be more filled with stuff. the drops cool but i think the distorted synth could be fatter and a bit more punchy. Maybe there is a bit too much distortion...

You seem to know what you want to do with this stuff. The sounds are spot on, production wise its all good. The intro is a little bland, it would definately need spicing up imo.

The synth that does the same line as the bass is in it's right place but I wanted to hear something other than the repetition of the bassline on it. In the future, try to play around with the bass too, like resampling, reversing, filtering it up, changing the waveforms of the synth etc. Just to keep it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom