Prophet : The Shamen

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Tried fusing two different genres together here with this one, I like to call it liquid dubstep. It's written at the standard 140bpm like most dubstep, but I wanted to try and fuse more liquid melodies and atmospheres into it, instead of the normal heavy beats and phat bass wobbles!

It's in no way intended to be a dancefloor banger, more a sunday afternoon chillout track. As always feedback is greatly appreciated.

Yeah man like it - have you thought about changing the beat and doing this as a breaks track ? I reckon it would sound phat as mate !

As far as feedback goes i like the overall feel of the tune i like the drumz and esp the b line - i think you could with losing the synth at some stage through the tune and adding a different lead line etc

Nice work mate

nice tune this, much prefer this style of dubstep over the screechy wobble stuff.

good melodies - what synth do u make them in? i'm proper cack at atmospheric stuff, never really know where to start. nice beats, i like the occasional reverse snare throughout.

can see whay guiltyascharged is saying about the synth tho, sounds good as it is but a bit of variation to the sound could bring a bit of focus to the other elements of the track, even if it's just a bit of volume or cutoff automation, reckon an automated hp filter could make that sound pretty nice.

merely suggestion tho, is a pretty damn good track as it is :D

Cheers fella's.

Think I'm gonna go back and work a better second drop into it. And change up the main melodies a little here and there.

But thanks for the positive comments so far.

@drp- I used mostly predator for the melodies in this one, and Albino3 for the bass

ez man,
it sounds good, but i think the synth lead is a bit loud in comparrison to the bass etc and yeh u need to change the melody up once in a while, maybe even take it out for a different synth maybe something a bit softer after a while!
i like the bass, sounds nice and full

Cheers mate, been working on this a bit more today, added a little variation in the synth and bassline every so often. Will upload the new version later today when I get back home.

easy man the beat sounds good on this, sounds like it could be a great backing track to some visuals or a movie or something! :) very chillout

(I don't hear 'any' dubstep in this, sounds like Trippy Downtempo to me with Nuskool Breakbeat Influences)

Listening on my cheap Comp speaks at work... sounds great at mid volume.. everything is cutting through nicely.

I love all the Filter Modulation via LFO on that main midrange (vowel filter soundin/the wah wah one) Leadline, not your stabby lead.

Chill track, well produced... great listen.

:jam:

Back
Top Bottom