Prophet : Soul Terror

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Thought I'd try my hand at something a little darker, How did I do???

Oh, and it's dubstep, thought I better say that so you dubstep haters dont waste your time listening!

Thanks

Please note this is the 1st draft so changes are gonna be made. Like I think I need to take some of the vocal snippets out, they happen too often I think

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Damn you bunch are hard to please. Getting comments recently is like getting blood out of a stone lol

Last edited:
dark & heavy, just the way i like it!

good job mate, i dont think theres too many vocals neither....

Hi Fletch,
Nice one,
Personally it's little to much going on for me,
Basslines and wobbles are tasty,
wud work on that snare tho.
Dark & Heavy.
Nice work.
Cheers.

i can recognise some old scool psytrance sounds in here... have u used Rebirth to make the tb303-similar sound? sounds like
I really like the sounds in general. I will put a 4bar of silence with just the voice and some dark fx on the breakdown. Just before the 2° drop start!

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

or 8bars... just try and c how it sounds! ;)
o, yeah... also the snare it's good, but i feel can be a bit more exposed with some more work on meiddle/high freq!

really like the rumbling intro, think it could be added to to make the drop a bit more dramatic (although this is down to taste). love the erratic wobbles but they could be more defined in the mix imo but really nice track and you did well at gettin it dark :lickface:

Fatten up that snare mate, it's one of the most important elements in dubstep for me personally, but that's my opinion ;)

Also that wobble bassline doesn't really fit with the intro, maybe you should experiment with lowering the bassline for an actave or so, makes it more grungy and grimey :)

Keep it up, i'm curious about the end product!

Back
Top Bottom