Prophet : Raindrops

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
First off I'd like to give a huge shout to TLeaf for helping me sort out the phazing issues I had on this track....It was killing me and he came to the rescue.....So thank you so much.

Ok, this is another new track from me, heading down the same liquid chillout road that my productions have been going. Now it's in no way gonna tear up a dancefloor, that wasnt what I wanted it to do! Instead, I was trying to paint a picture in the listeners imagination with this piece, of a dull, miserable day, that slowly becomes brighter and more energised, did I do it? Who knows?

Raindrops

i really like what youve done here, i dont know about the rainy day to energy scenario, perhaps too subtle for my simple brain, but it certainly is an all around enjoyable tune.

musically it doesnt offer much in way of surprises and the sound design is really modest. id call two dimensional even, so one way to get some charachter to the tune would be to grime up the bass synth a little more, and the same with the strings. could be done with some paralell distortion (layering distorted copies of the same sound faintly in the background).

its got a decent build up,. i think the distorted bass i can hear faintly cud do bein a bit louder and a different melody on the bassline after the drop would be nice!!
drums and stuff sound crisp

luvly track! good work so far

bass is suffering a bit, agreed with Evezdroppin, sounds a bit distorted, mayb a bit overenthusiastic with the compression/limiting?

u read it wrong miszt i think the distortion should be bought out more... or more layers, give it a bit more grit! for me though the melody on the baslsine is too basic and the bassline is very repepetive once dropped

u read it wrong miszt i think the distortion should be bought out more... or more layers, give it a bit more grit! for me though the melody on the baslsine is too basic and the bassline is very repepetive once dropped

oops lol

well less compression will help bring the distortion out if its ment to be there

Cool ambience in the build up, reminded me of the 90's and Enigma.

There's always things you could do differently I guess, but I reckon it's pretty good.

I really don't like the crash you use at the end of the song here and in your other tracks (is that your signature ending? :) ) It sounds cheap and tacky to my ears.

There's always things you could do differently I guess, but I reckon it's pretty good.

I really don't like the crash you use at the end of the song here and in your other tracks (is that your signature ending? :) ) It sounds cheap and tacky to my ears.

Lol, I dont want it to be my signature in my tunes, but I never really know how to end a track, so always seem to end up coming back to that!!!!

I shall try extremely hard not to end my next track with a crash cymbal lol!

Really like the second drop man proper , feel the first drop is missing something.. Agree with Eves, that gritty bass could be brought through the mix a little more, think it'd be a good contrast to the melodic-ness of the track :) Look forward to the finished track!

this is a really nice track man. wicked you might say! i like what youve done with the place, nice work encorporating crashes to be honest, i never even try using them

Nice track Mr Fletch!! Theres a real pro feel to this tune, maybe a couple of mix issues as highlighted above reference the bass... but theres not much else wrong. Would be interested to know how you made the bass?

With compression on bass (or anything for that matter..!) have you tried running a dry bass channel alongside a heavily compressed channel? We find that helps to find the balance between the two plus gives you some interesting mix options.

Loving the track though... having another listen before I go...

Peace

we ended two of our tracks with an explosion, beat that for tacky.

Gonna Start ending my tracks with vuvuzelas!!
bringing back football misery the tackiest way i know how ;)

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

i quite like the subtle bass mid disortion at 2:35. could be slightly higher in the mix. But its deffinately i nice layer to have in there.

The Rain should take until 1:06 (at a minimum) to fade out completely imo. And on 1:06 I would have used something to "splash the one" with... anything with some judicious Verb on it would suffice.

What's the quality of the MP3? Sounds like a 128... I have an idea that the Prod is on point judging from this. Everything sounds like it has a proper place in the Mix.

The Woodblock Work is really neat... like that subtle delay you used on it. The Pad is nice and lush. The Lead isn't doing it for me, the notes are fine.. the Patch is too 'clean' imo... I'd like to hear the Filter moving on it a bit. Sub works great!

Overall, very peaceful track. I like it.
(y)

Back
Top Bottom