Prophet - Liquidus Somnium

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Good day one and all........here I am with another piece of liquid / tech shenanigans for your ears!

The title is aptly named "Liquidus Somnium" which is a latin translation of "Liquid Dreams". Also on that note, whilst searching for a picture to accompany my track on soundcloud, I typed into google images "liquid dreams".....note to you all, brings some interesting images that were perhaps not suitable as artwork for a track lol!

As always your feedback is hugely appreciated.

just one tip! a real drummer, almost always plays crash cymbals with a kick at the same time, try that thing at 0.44 cause to me (don't know if i got SO used to kick+crash) it sounds a bit strange :)
anyway, vibes you have going here. Maybe snare is a bit low in the mix and kick so high compared to other drums... still the idea is pretty wicked, evolving and chill.

I typed into google images "liquid dreams".....note to you all, brings some interesting images that were perhaps not suitable as artwork for a track lol!

I was curious about what sort of image i could find in google... well... this is probably not suitable for you, but to me sounds good! : http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=liquid+dreams&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bxW&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&biw=1440&bih=745&tbm=isch&tbnid=XK1OmXdCtQ_ReM:&imgrefurl=http://www.lunarpup.com/erotica/vgirl/vgirl7/vgirl7.html&docid=T6VJAGovw26u5M&w=1440&h=900&ei=LgJQTpXrGZDF8QOQ2NihBw&zoom=1&chk=sbg&iact=hc&vpx=166&vpy=454&dur=2534&hovh=177&hovw=284&tx=125&ty=200&page=17&tbnh=109&tbnw=175&start=471&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:471

Oh, yeah, the track is wicked, i do agree for the levels of the drum... need better balance. The hihat can have some stop here n there, i feel it too present and lose spin on over all rolling by playing straight all the time. The snare i will pitch it up by couple of st.
The rece around 1:50 can be more interesting if a bit more distorted and with a splitted freq channel, u can apply a phase panning, to give more wideness, while the sub i will put it mono in stand of wide as it is now.
just my little opinion... :teeth:

Believe it or not but that sub is mono.....I always mono my subs. There's a utility plug on the end of it's FX chain with 0% width lol!

I'll go back and check the levels of the drums tho....cheers

nice... plenty going on in the background, good structure too. Drums need a bit of work but that's already been pointed out.

As for sub's being in mono i disagree, If you can use stereo effects to widen the bass without it throwing off the left and right it can sound really nice.

Back
Top Bottom