Prophet - Liquidus Somnium

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr Fletch, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX VIP Junglist

Good day one and all........here I am with another piece of liquid / tech shenanigans for your ears!

The title is aptly named "Liquidus Somnium" which is a latin translation of "Liquid Dreams". Also on that note, whilst searching for a picture to accompany my track on soundcloud, I typed into google images "liquid dreams".....note to you all, brings some interesting images that were perhaps not suitable as artwork for a track lol!

As always your feedback is hugely appreciated.

2. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O VIP Junglist

just one tip! a real drummer, almost always plays crash cymbals with a kick at the same time, try that thing at 0.44 cause to me (don't know if i got SO used to kick+crash) it sounds a bit strange :)
    anyway, vibes you have going here. Maybe snare is a bit low in the mix and kick so high compared to other drums... still the idea is pretty wicked, evolving and chill.

3. Mr Fletch

You mean at the breakdown yeah? Ok mate I'll throw a kick in there with the crash, see what it sounds like.

4. Mr Fletch

5. Mr Fletch

6. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah VIP Junglist

I was curious about what sort of image i could find in google... well... this is probably not suitable for you, but to me sounds good! : http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=liquid+dreams&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bxW&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&biw=1440&bih=745&tbm=isch&tbnid=XK1OmXdCtQ_ReM:&imgrefurl=http://www.lunarpup.com/erotica/vgirl/vgirl7/vgirl7.html&docid=T6VJAGovw26u5M&w=1440&h=900&ei=LgJQTpXrGZDF8QOQ2NihBw&zoom=1&chk=sbg&iact=hc&vpx=166&vpy=454&dur=2534&hovh=177&hovw=284&tx=125&ty=200&page=17&tbnh=109&tbnw=175&start=471&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:23,s:471

Oh, yeah, the track is wicked, i do agree for the levels of the drum... need better balance. The hihat can have some stop here n there, i feel it too present and lose spin on over all rolling by playing straight all the time. The snare i will pitch it up by couple of st.
    The rece around 1:50 can be more interesting if a bit more distorted and with a splitted freq channel, u can apply a phase panning, to give more wideness, while the sub i will put it mono in stand of wide as it is now.
    just my little opinion... :teeth:

7. Mr Fletch

Believe it or not but that sub is mono.....I always mono my subs. There's a utility plug on the end of it's FX chain with 0% width lol!

I'll go back and check the levels of the drums tho....cheers

8. SoveX

SoveX Member

nice... plenty going on in the background, good structure too. Drums need a bit of work but that's already been pointed out.

As for sub's being in mono i disagree, If you can use stereo effects to widen the bass without it throwing off the left and right it can sound really nice.

9. Mr Fletch

Ok, I've pulled the kick down a couple db, and split the bass frequencies.....any better?