Prophet - Guardian

While I can feel ya on the moving on thing I think all this tune needs is a mix-down makeover. What I mean by that is dirty up that bass some, add signal modelers to things to make them pop a bit more, put some crunch on that snare and boost the kick and you got a hit!

love the production, liking the snare, but i think the first drop needs to make more of an impact, the second drop is better.

Totally get what its like to be confused on a mix!!

Good idea, however, the bottom end seems loose or weak(not enough sub and/ or smack so to speak..sorry just perception no technical terms).....the snare sounds over-compressed(square wavish if you look at the waveform) maybe..just a guess..

the attack needs to sound crisp, esp cos snare is so important..

maybe just compare it ruthlessly to one of your finished dnb tunes that worked then adjust from there!!

Hi Fletch,
Mixdown needs some reworking,
I wud work on snare,
Both of the drops are quite weak.,
Basslines does not fill the space if you kno what I mean,
wud add couple diff basslines working with existin.
Keep up the work mate.
Cheers.

agree with whats been said already except for im not a big fan of your snare in this chune. The bas needs to come out alot moar add some disto at points and maybe some resonance also brign it out with some filter work.

hmmm... sounds well empty and muffled, a new mix down would really help this out!

sounds like my tuines from like 3 years ago! i know you can do a much cleaner and harder sound than this!

like the flow and idea, especially the vox, best bit IMO

hey man i have to return the comment you gave on my new track :P exceot your high end is in order, its the bottoms!

It doesn't sound up to your usual stuff... the intro could do some spicing up, and the mixdown is very thin. it has highs and crisp, but lackign in the lower department. The bass/synth sounds quite plastic, it could well use some dirt in it.

It's hard to put a finger on what is wrong but it doesnt quite cut it. It's heartbreaking to hear something like that about a tune but we all have our off days as you know.

hey man i have to return the comment you gave on my new track :P exceot your high end is in order, its the bottoms!

It doesn't sound up to your usual stuff... the intro could do some spicing up, and the mixdown is very thin. it has highs and crisp, but lackign in the lower department. The bass/synth sounds quite plastic, it could well use some dirt in it.

It's hard to put a finger on what is wrong but it doesnt quite cut it. It's heartbreaking to hear something like that about a tune but we all have our off days as you know.

I actually disagree mate, it's comments like these that motivate me to better myself.

I also agree on whats been said, I just hit a point where I was fed up with the track and needed to move on. I've been struggling quite alot recently with production, I feel like everything I create, I've done before, I lose my way really quickly and find myself getting bored of the track I'm working on, on a regular basis.

I just hit a point where I was fed up with the track and needed to move on.

I know what you mean... I get that on most tunes actually! Lucky for me i only hit that spot in the very end usually, when the tune is practically ready but I just can't stop tweaking.

I guess one thing would be to avoid loopmongery at all costs. When you feel success in some area, drop it and move on, avoid just listening your ingenious and feeling it out. You can always come back to it later to edit. Also useful is just to drop a tune for several months if you get bored of it, just forget about it. Then one day when you're feeling uninspired go back to the old projects and you might be able to revive them in a new way, or at least pick the good ideas off it for use somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom