Prophet - Guardian

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
You guys ever get periods where the creativity just "flows", and everything seems to feel natural? Well I'm pleased to announce that this evening has been one of those moments for me.....

This is my newest project which I have been working on for the last two hours (yep, thats right, two hours). Everything just seemed to work, and hopefully it's not just me that thinks so lol! Which is why I'm throwing it up here for any criticism.

I'm done with it for today, time to take a break, but will get back on it tomorrow to finish up and change any nescessary elements which are bought to my attention by you lovely bunch....

Enjoy....

Congrats on getting past writers block
Writing this on the go,
Intro's quite eerie. The intro is interesting enough to keep me listening. Well done with that, can't really spot anything wrong with it.
Now the drop, i would use some filters, fills ´anything to emphasize the drop a little more. Losing the stabby high pitched synth before the drop would work as well.
I Would push the kick a couple of db's up (2-3), maybe the snare as well, and give the snare a little bit more lows, but this is the sound you probably went for , so these are all personal preferences.

Could resample the Gliding synth, and give it cuts and edits to make it more interesting. , you know small details, that you don't really pay attention to but make the world of a difference.
Keep up the good work

Maybe try some more percussion patterns, just for fun, anything to get past that glidy synth repetition ;) Even 1-2 edits here there would be enough in my opinion.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Yeah it's only a few hours old so still got lots to work on, gonna spend some more time on it today. Will take your pointers into consideration when working on it. Thanks again

Myself, I would look to try and merge those pads at the beginning so you don't get such a obvious fade out at end of phrase, you can see in the waveform. The 1st snare doesn't have enough depth, almost just a light click, from 1m7 2nd snare fills it out but IMO more snap required, decent pattern with mostly good fills. Wicked clean bass though and generally clean sound, overall mixdown sounds fine, not sure what to make of the sound that comes in with second drop, does the job in terms of adding a fresh element i guess.

Yeah this is only a WIP at the moment, two hours in. I've got a lot of things I'm gonna change and play around with yet, infact, it'll probably sound like a different tune when I've finished lol

i bet - i've only got 3 projects over the line this year, each one started as one thing and (d)evolved to something entirely different. Out of interest how many hours do you tend to spend on a tune ?

drums defo need work, bass is cool and i think the sample? is played way tooo often. could be a good tune tho. upload the new version!

Bass is really really nice but the very first snare sounds more like a clap, too clicky, but not the good, darkstep kinda clicky if you know what I mean lol.

drums defo need work, bass is cool and i think the sample? is played way tooo often. could be a good tune tho. upload the new version!

Uhh.....no samples used in this track mate, all written myself....

I will upload the new one soon, I've still got work to do on it!

Back
Top Bottom