Prophet : Forgotten Keys

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr Fletch, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Hi guys and gals. Hope we're all feeling the festive spirit?

Anyway, thought I'd throw a new piece out there for you all to listen to and tell me what you think.

Got to work on a couple of minor pieces (few drum rolls / fills) but this is mostly done.

And seeing as it's christmas, I may just throw this up for free download over the next day or so.....depending on how the reaction to it is.

2. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Great tune Fletch, got nothing else to say, maybe a bit more variation but can't think of anything else.

3. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Smooth beats mate! Nice and rolling. Not too keen on the actual voice of the piano. Maybe try and layer it with a bell or ping sound an octave lower or something? Its just a little too tinny for my taste. Nice little riff though! :D

Gret track mate. Keep it up!

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers fella's.

Been listening to that piano alot so kinda lost my way with it a bit. Will maybe lower the hi end a little

5. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

listening again mate, solid tune here!! crimbo vibes and tingz big up!!

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

7. dj cluster

dj cluster Member

lovin intro, great drums, nice bass, I would work for some variation, great job dude!

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

nice liccle tune man... not really my cuppa, but nice work both muysicly and technically ;)

9. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

I don't need no festive spirit to like this song mate ;D
    Very nice! big up

10. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Haha, cheers fella

11. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

12. circle six

circle six Member

yeah man nice work, like the melody. maybe drop the piano after a few bars and introduce a guitar type sound using the same melody (half way through the main part of the tune). just an idea mind you. like the drums alot. what sample pack you using for your drums?

13. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Oh man I have so many samples packs that are all merged together I wouldnt be able to tell ya which ones I used lol!

Off the top of my head I know I have all the vengeance packs, the Danny Byrd pack, a couple of hard house packs and a few others I cant remember the name of. I also raped my friends sample bank too just before xmas, so I have a huge 500gb hard drive filled with samples lol!

14. yoshikipz

yoshikipz New Member

production is great, i'd suggest maybe making it sound a little brighter as it's hard for me to separate the bass and melody..if you know what i mean

15. Cyfic

Cyfic New Member

Sounds real good man, and catchy. Production is great, drums (snare) sound pretty unique. I liked the section at 0:45, with the synth getting softer and more delicate leaving the sub bass gently carrying on, and the glitchy drum fills are cool too.

Although, I too am not too keen on the actual voice of the piano. It sounds like a really cheap sound you'd get from a basic keyboard from Argos or something, which I've never really liked. But it depends what you're going for - some people like that. I tend to want either a beautiful crisp but warm grand piano sound, or an Electric Piano/Bell type sound - but nothing in between. That's me anyways :)

After 2:36 though, I found the hi-hats got a bit distracting with how in every other "phrase" of 2 bars you made them get quieter/filter out or whatever you did. And also like others have said, maybe a bit more variation. But again, don't change it if its all exactly how YOU want it, that's all that matters IMO. Its a nice track that walks along at its own pace, doing its own thing, minding its own business... It's nice thinking music - not instrusive, settles nicely into the background and is relaxing. Adding variation might take that away...

All in all, decent track :)

16. TarekFM

TarekFM Producer

17. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Sounds sweet:) but would change that piano sound

18. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Ok, cheers guys.

Gonna go back and maybe change the piano sound a little...

19. kama

kama benkama.net

Listening now. Yeah I can agree that the piano sound is a little "Casio" like from those 90's everyman keyboards. Sounds very cheap, I would suggest you vary the velocity in the piano or change the sound to a more edgey/sharper one, that would suit the overall feeling of the track a lot more. Or you could 'broaden' the piano by playing accompanying chords with it a few octaves lower.

All the other stuff is very well done, your beats are always really good sounding. They have punch without sounding overcompressed, lots of clarity and enough boom in the kick. The bass is also very good, it doesnt really catch the attention in a Calyxian style, but it's gritty enough to bring a feeling of fullness to it.

Nice job man, real nice.

20. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers Kama, really appreciate that detailed feedback.

Would you happen to know of any good settings for FL Keys to get it sounding better?