Prophet : Devotion

im typing as im listening....

right from the beginning im liking it, got punchy kicks n snares n good rhythm,
n u got a vocal snippet! thats the sounds im after! lol

the uplifter brings the drop nicely, n thers decent bass levels coming through
although i wasnt expecting the bassline to be those notes...not feeling that tbh

maybe u could bring out the bass synth a lil more, sounds like its struggling to be heard on top of ur sub, could add some brightness around 2khz?

other than that its a top production and levels are coming through nice and tight. :D

thought the same, the sub seems to be totaly eating up the mids, i think u could keep the bass synth, and as said brighten it up a bit, and seperate the sub and maybe make it just on on a couple notes, have it way down.

other than that everything else sounds wicked and very well put together.

think this bassline definatly has more of a ring to it, alot more catchy than the old one... although its not the same sound is it? cant comment on the mixdown as im only on cans, but this is a wicked tune mate, drums are solid

I like these punchy kicks and snares, nice quality. Well i'm not a pro, so i can't tell you a lot, but i like it :)

Nice, can't quite put my finger on my thoughts yet, I think it's a combo of what's been said. That bassline melody is unexpected but I think it works (and that's good imo) But I think T&C might have something in that this could be a more raspy high bass or mid range synth with a sub playing something not the same but similar down low. Ah meh, just thinking out loud.

On my headphones there's something about the high end on the drums, has it been boosted? Especially on the snare, very bright, but that might just be on my end?

Really like this tune. (y)

Drums are nice n punchy, dig that. Bass is dominating a bit much for me, can't quite put a finger on it. Don't get me wrong, it's quality.

Thanks guys.

The bassline for this track seems to be my achillies heel on this one. I may do a few versions of it with various basslines to see what works best!

May even do a poll for the community to decide on a final version lol

Nice stuff there ... i like the vocal gating ... preety cool effect over the track ... and 1 question ... is this sub-bass goin on whole time ? or chained one
1L

Really liking this so far, do agree with the bass comments tho (not enough mid range and the riff isnt doing the track justice) but feel you have absolutely everything else perfect just need to tweak that a bit. All the effects and elements are there, the vocal is fucking wicked, nothing needs doing on that imo..

And yeah hate it when people rated threads, someone rated a couple of my mixes 1 star on several occasions - wankers.

not keen on the bass melody, sounds drowny and doesnt really give me any energy, everything else is spot on, like i think i said before :)

damm fine intro bro. nice edits as well. bass line is cool mate, personally i think the snare is just a tad to harsh. but everything else sounds cool, sick production

Back
Top Bottom