Promotion for a new night

Apeh

I've been given the opportunity to kick a one off (unless it goes down well) "open deck night" in my local town.

Hopefully a good opportunity for bedroom DJs to come down and do a set to give them a little experience of playing out and have a good time etc.

I'm not going to constrain it to just dnb because the scene here is only really starting to take shape and there are some other lads with a decent night who's toes I don't really want to step on so was thinking of making it any genre.

This will be the first time I've tried promoting anything and know that I should get on FB, build a group and spam people in my area. Get flyers in kebab shops etc, but is there anything else I could do to try give this thing more exposure?

Any advise is welcome!

I've got about a month or so.

Cheers

Facebook event
Flyers in local bong shops
Invite loads of promiscuous hotties

:thumbsup:

Make sure the flyers look swanky too. Theres nothing worse than a really gash flyer, especially if its using the bleeding cowboys font. That font makes me angry.

bleeding_cowboys0.png

As Mish Mash said, cheap drinks are quite often a big help to getting people through your door. You could also do something such as 2-4-1 entry up to a certain time in the night. That way people will tend to come along earlier. I reckon you're best off sacrificing a few pennies that way to try and get as many punters in as possible and thus making the night a success. Then, more people will be hyped for the next event because the first one was so good :)

'so was thinking of making it any genre.'

Thats also a good way of bringing in a bigger audience, get a range of styles going.
Even if it is dnb, try to get djs who play different styles, abit of cheese for the newbs and some darker, harder maybe more minimal 'grown up' beats for the true dnb heads & older audience.
Same if you're doing dubstep, get some dancefloor friendly wobble & some more stripped down, darker dub for the true dubstep fans. That way you wont getting people saying you put on a cheese festival.

*cough*i make good flyers*cough*

I'm still waiting of the owner of the club to give me dates so I can go ahead, I may be intouch Knucklez ;)

Thats also a good way of bringing in a bigger audience, get a range of styles going.
Even if it is dnb, try to get djs who play different styles, abit of cheese for the newbs and some darker, harder maybe more minimal 'grown up' beats for the true dnb heads & older audience.
Same if you're doing dubstep, get some dancefloor friendly wobble & some more stripped down, darker dub for the true dubstep fans. That way you wont getting people saying you put on a cheese festival.

Yeah - I mix dnb, was thinking of cheesing it up at the start and going for a more techy, minimal set later on depending on how many DJ's show. My mate DJ's a lot of Dubstep and Figit House/breakbeat and he taught himself with the dance floor wobbles so he's got plenty of that to kick off with and then transition in something a bit more mature later on. I could do with a good Hiphop DJ showing up.

I just hope no happy hardcore dj's wander in, I fucking hate that shit.

Surely you decide the DJ line up before hand? Get people who want to DJ to send you demo mixes and pick the ones you want.
Also, a lot of the time the DJs will bring quite a big group of people, so even if a DJ isn't all that, if you reckon they'll bring a big group with them it can be useful to put them on early to get a decent crowd in the club early on.

what mishmash said ^^

for your first event i think getting a big crowd should be the priority as then the club will be more than happy to let you do it again. it also means more people will be talking about it over the next few days. thus spreading the word :)

and yer feel free to get in touch. you can see a small portion of my work 'some of my work' link in my sig :)

Back
Top Bottom