Promoting a night - tips

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
well I'm running two monthly nights now and I wondered if anyone got some tips for me. Both of em are on a different scale....

anyone help me out?

bad ace inc. said:
keep ur head together on the night and dont get to stressful otherwise u wont enjoy the nite ur self (y)

Ill second that, an get mates to do the tingz you dont wanna do, cheap labour, jus hook em up with drinks.

Flyer in the town local to you outside bars/clubs a few weeks before, offer promotions eg first 30 chicks free, or a happy hour (check with club before making this offer lol.)

Get one big DJ/MC combo, itll pull the punters who only come out if shy fx is playing.

klusta said:
well I'm running two monthly nights now and I wondered if anyone got some tips for me. Both of em are on a different scale....

anyone help me out?

PM me some questions and i'll see if i can help out

Get mingling with the crowd go round & have a chat with people to get there views on the good sides of your event & what could maybe do with changing. Also if they know they've spoken to the promoter & find out your a safe guy then they'll only tell their mates so you should get them back the next month with a few extra people

cheers people

oh I'm contantly making flyers Effect

18th%20Sept%20front%20jpeg.jpg

18th%20Sept%20back%20jpeg.jpg

Pulsar%2017th%20Sept%202004%20jpeg.jpg

My opening First Kontact night was pretty hectic, didn't have much of a chance to chat to people, which i know is wrong.....won't be like that on the second though.

I've been promoting for a couple of years so i know the basics, its now getting a little more serious with headliners etc.

Pulsar has developed and promoting is now easy, but it wasn't to begin with as there was no underlying dnb scene. Now First Kontact is a little bigger, proper club layout, 2 rooms, 3-400 cap....alot more serious than Pulsar.

S'all good though

Triple M said:
Get the MC to give out some free goodies!!

crowd participation n all that :)

free stuff makes me feel special

like the dj/mc wants to be my friend
they do want to be my friend right? :mrpanic:

book a headliner then book well known local artists and smaller artists from popular things like radio or agencies. e.g

mampi swift
barebass/jungleravers/koolfm/ruud awakenin e.t.c dj
local well known name
then limit unknown names

line up will look alot better like that

don't over price either, you can do things like free entry before xx.xx which will attract alot of people, and do cheap drinks to attract students.

All depends on the night really.

good luck

:rave:

Make sure you have someone you can trust taking money at the door!!!

It's very easy for them to put money in their pocket & not the till!

its sooo easy...

give context your flyer and £30.00 and we will make sure 7000 people get to see it!

lokki said:
its sooo easy...

give context your flyer and £30.00 and we will make sure 7000 people get to see it!
hmm, possibility.....

where does your context mag go bro? I aint seen your mag up this way so would if be worth me doing it....

Back
Top Bottom