ProgRam vinyl buyers..

seems as though there is definitely an issue somewhere down the line. I think a lot of people don't bother sending them back and just sack it off. I just don't see the point of owning something I cant play!

I could still play it fine though (second tune in my new mix is you do me wrong), just looks like the needle is travelling on a rough boat ride haha, think I probably would send it back if it didn't play at all

waiting to hear back from RAM. apparently there was issues. Hope it gets pressed properly cause its a massive release

so the outcome too this was that there was clearly a fault with all the vinyl, but apparently 'not bad enough to affect DJ's'. I disagree with this completely as every copy of the last 3 releases have been the same! Also a fault is a fault!

the good advise was to just buy them from the RAM shop so they can sort it out if it continues to happen. Im in two minds as to whether or not to buy the new teddy killerz EP as I do not believe anything is actually being done about this problem.

so the outcome too this was that there was clearly a fault with all the vinyl, but apparently 'not bad enough to affect DJ's'. I disagree with this completely as every copy of the last 3 releases have been the same! Also a fault is a fault!

the good advise was to just buy them from the RAM shop so they can sort it out if it continues to happen. Im in two minds as to whether or not to buy the new teddy killerz EP as I do not believe anything is actually being done about this problem.
I have the TK EP and Toys on the way from Redeye, so will see how they are...

^^^ had a mix with a friend who bought Toys last week. He showed me that one side was tea cupped to fuck. Hope yours is ok though man

^^^ had a mix with a friend who bought Toys last week. He showed me that one side was tea cupped to fuck. Hope yours is ok though man

that's cool, worst comes to worst I can fire them in the oven between my 2 old xone:92 face plates with baking paper to protect them (fan bake 80deg I think it is) - flattens records out perfectly

My copy of You Do Me Wrong sounds exactly the same as the problems you've been having. I actually found a copy of that EP in a record store after I had encountered the same issue and that copy in store was literally a like for like to the one I had at home. Sometimes you get a bad press, certainly had the same problems with the very early neosignal releases

Did you get any outcome to this Tony?

My copy of You Do Me Wrong sounds exactly the same as the problems you've been having. I actually found a copy of that EP in a record store after I had encountered the same issue and that copy in store was literally a like for like to the one I had at home. Sometimes you get a bad press, certainly had the same problems with the very early neosignal releases

Did you get any outcome to this Tony?

Outcome was pretty much that Ray found an issue with the pressings, however nothing is going to be done and no more will be repressed.

If you brought directly from RAM store then send it back and get a refund bro. I think most people who buy them don't bother complaining. To be honest though there should be some quality control put in place before distributing these to third party record shops etc..

also its a bit of a piss take considering the price of vinyl these days.

So answer to your question .. no outcome! lol

:: Yet another reason not to bother with vinyl anymore! I swear its got so much worse in the last year.. not just with Program either.

- - - Updated - - -

that's cool, worst comes to worst I can fire them in the oven between my 2 old xone:92 face plates with baking paper to protect them (fan bake 80deg I think it is) - flattens records out perfectly

may I request you start a thread with a step by step guide if you do this? Would be really handy. Iv heard this method does not work very well. the thing I don't understand is Program have seen there is an issue but somehow feel it doesn't affect DJ's.. which it quite clearly does. There is no way I would play my copy out in a club, it would be a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

If I was them I would be getting every last penny I paid the pressing plant back and not using them again until they sort their shit out.

Im certainly not going to be buying anymore releases until it gets better as this is not a one off!

Rant Over!

Last edited:
I would put warped vinyl on a glass table with a flat weight on top and heat the underside with a hairdryer back in the day. A few weeks compressed under some weight worked too.

got the new teddy killerz ep and that is fine, got it off redeye, also my toys/creeper copy was fine and got that off redeye, only one I have ever had problems with is programmed V2 ep

Last edited:
anyone brought the new releases? haven't taken the chance yet

forgot to mention - yeah all of my ones have been fine (same as Dannyboy above) - its only really been that Programmed EP that was bad. All of my ones have been from Redeye or Chemical (RIP) - just got the Kelle 12" from Juno too and it was fine.

the flattening in the oven technique has worked great for me (for the most part) - its similar to getting one of these:
http://vinylflat.com/vinylflatproducts.html

Just gone through my program releases and they all sound fine and the records arr not warped at all. Strange how many people have experienced problems with theirs.

Back
Top Bottom