Production

Verva

Verva Music
VIP Junglist
Someone told me that some people might make hundreds of tunes and eventually get that one tune, which is a banger. Its that one tune which you use all your ideas, techniques and methods and just combine them. After years, you have that one tune. But it took all those years to get to that point. What do you think?

i've been producing for 2 years and still only ever finished 1 tune... and calling it finished is taking the piss really.

the bangers will come... in time.

2 years now and ive finished 6 tunes, i was surprised i didnt even realize i had finished any ahah... i do believe there is that one that shows yourself boom i can make music now and productions and confidences increase massively

- - - Updated - - -

Is the "banger" dictated by the producer, or the audience?

i am the banger dedicater

I have about 4-500 projects of the past 2 years, and finished maybe about 50 of those and uploaded about 15.

What is a "banger" though exactly? :p

Something thats a hit with the crowd?

Last edited:
I don't think it quite works like that. The more you do it the better you get and the more chance you have of making the bangers .

It's quite common for producers to make more than what they need. For example, if you were trying to putogether a 3 track ep, make 6 tunes and pick the best 3 for the ep. Some people even go as far as making 3 or 4 different versions of the same tune and pick the best one to use for the release.

The ones that don't make the cut but are still quite good will usually be released for free or used for promo in exchange for a facebook like or something.

imo hes quite right.

i got like 2 to 3000 projects on my hdd, of which i guess ~200 are fairly finished songs. 20 or 30 i gave away/uploaded/send to comps etc, rest either unfinished and binned or waiting to get polished.

so yes, you refine your skills and at the end of the day you pour all those skills from the thousands of things you did into a single project.

Recently I've cleaned up my projects... I felt like I had stepped up my producing a bit, so I just felt that the previous projects sounded shit.. Deleted 200+ projects, started again.

From the projects I've made so far, or on the ones I'm working on, there's not one where I thought, hmmm this might be my 'banger'

and I don't think any producer will say at a time: "this THE track."
every producer will always hear flaws in his tune..

Bad thing, IMO. You can think they are shit now, but some things can be re-worked to fit your "now superior" knowledge.

No, I honestly tried... I tried to rework some projects that had an almost interesting bassline, but it was just so hopeless that it would take me more time to rework them, than to make another, completely new track
And some things I did in those projects where really so weird, that I just closed the program and contemplated life

I've always found the tunes i really like do terribly and the quickly put together tracks with no effort get lapped up so much more!

There's also something to take into account that once you do have a good tune in the 'publics eyes' and you build a core of fans, no matter what you do as long as its not complete dog turd, is acceptable?
Basically the initial attention can act like a snow ball effect where everything you make from then on is still of good standard but just not THAT special anymore so it wont 'blow up'. Tunes that blow up just need the right attention and promotion backing them.
Take a look at the charts, stuff that 'makes it' are nursery rhyme themes, or retarded shit like 'let me take a selfie' *kills self*
Same applies in dnb you get the decent tunes from the same producers and then the random guy making some absolute turd with a decent hook and sample that people can laugh at or relate to then it will naturally get spread and 'blow'.

There is deffo a formula aswel, using the right chord progression, drums and bass sounds and you can easily make a banger, its whether or not you can make it special enough for the producers as well as the fans. Getting the balance is pretty difficult.
Thats why its just better to go with the flow, you will get recognised and build up a REAL fan base, who appreciates you, instead of the person/people you are trying emulate in order to create your 'banger'.

Another thing i was gonna say is that a producer can spend 30 years on one track, not literally but its all those tracks here and there you made in the 30 years that then forge into that one big track. Not by length of track, but by technique and idea.

Back
Top Bottom