Production Software

DJ_18T

Hey all,

Just curious as to other people's opinions out there but which DAW do you guys n girls find the best for making drum n bass tracks? At the moment im using FL studio and i like it and im comfy with it but i kinda wanna get onto something else as i know alot of people rate Logic, Ableton and Cubase alot more then FL studio, not saying FL studio sucks, but alot of people do say that.

Im thinking i may try Cubase as i just cannot be bovered to buy a MAC just to use Logic. anyways what are you guys thoughts?

P.S dont say FL studio is sucks, i see it enough on other forums lol and if it sucked so much why wud Spot use it :)

At the moment im using FL studio and i like it and im comfy with it but i kinda wanna get onto something else as i know alot of people rate Logic, Ableton and Cubase alot more then FL studio.

Stick with it then. If you know your software and can make what you want to make with it then it doesnt matter what other peoples opinions are. Most DAW software works around the same basic ideas, its just how its layed out really, so nothings more suited to particular genres.

What it all boils down to is personal preference. Are you willing to spend hours upon hours learning how to do something that you are already comfortable doing in FL? This was a decison I made a while ago. I use FL Studio, and love it, but I often wondered if I should learn how to use a new DAW, because a couple friends of mine use Ableton. Anyway, after debating about it for a while I decided that for me, I was happy with what I can produce from FL, and didnt feel it was worth me spending several hours of my life learning how to do something simple in another DAW when I already know how to do it in FL.

In my opinion the software is just a tool to create, if you have nothing to create it doesn't matter which tool you use, only when you are a master-craftsman then the finer specifications of your chosen tools will become ultra important. So just go with what is within your budget and go from there.

I use FL studio but I'm going to try out cubase and ableton demos because as I begin to learn more in FL, I'm finding it more and more restrictive and its interface is sometimes a little heptic, and find it slow to have to assign everything to a mixer track as opposed to directly attaching FX to the channel. (Although I dunno if you can do that in other DAWs :p)

Just try them all I guess. I used flstudio for a few months when I first started but then I tries cubase and it felt a lot more intuitive to me. That's the opposite of what I hear from others though.

1. CuBase 5
2. Reason 4
3. Ableton

these are best

Reason 4 cant have VST but have very powerfull synthetizers and its very easy to use

CuBase 5 is the KING,it have best synthetizers,you can use VST pluggins but its interface is worse,hard to use.

Ableton is like compromise between these two programs,easy to use,able to use VST but it dont have that mega huge synthetizer power.

FL studio is not bad for first year or two of making music,its very easy but lacks capabilities of real profesional software like CuBase 5.

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

In my opinion the software is just a tool to create, if you have nothing to create it doesn't matter which tool you use, only when you are a master-craftsman then the finer specifications of your chosen tools will become ultra important. So just go with what is within your budget and go from there.

you doesnt need to be that good to make difference between more capable or less capable production software.I using Reason 4 for one year and I already start to feel like it cant give me enough freedom.It suck that reason cant use Massive

Last edited:
I've been using FL for 2 years or so, and I really know all of it's in and outs, I'd be surprised if I could learn more than a few things since now, and I'm trying Cubase out. From me working with cubase for about a week, I can say that I like the way Cubase deals with audio and Cubase doesn't rape my cpu as much. Also, FL is easier to start out on for sure. You can press a letter on your keyboard to get a vst to play a note on FL but in Cubase you have to figure out a few things and a midi controller is all I can seem to get going on cubase for instant midi input. Overall, they both are very good and I'd say Cubase's automation and overall freedom wins overall.

'csuse me, but it looks like you are asking us what you like...

why not try a few?

They all have demos and lite versions and cracked versions if that's your thing. Just get one and use it, and then on to the next. test them, grow balls, and make your own decision on whats for you.

Do you want us to pick a woman for you next?

'csuse me, but it looks like you are asking us what you like...

why not try a few?

They all have demos and lite versions and cracked versions if that's your thing. Just get one and use it, and then on to the next. test them, grow balls, and make your own decision on whats for you.

Do you want us to pick a woman for you next?

haha yeah meet :nadia:

Back
Top Bottom