Production Machine help

DaNdelIoN

Brum Junglist
I'm looking on buyin a laptop for around £400 not too much more. I'll use it for basics like youtube etc. but mainly for production. I figure I need as high ram as possible and a decent processor and am thinking of running xp stripped down.

was looking for advice on any other things to look at or even suggestions as to what would be good to buy.

cheers for any help.

edit: would something like this do the job? http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=052243&category_oid=-35054

Last edited:
EDIT:

Any preference on size? Toshiba has some cheap ones.

Now that i think of it, what are your limitations? If its purely cost I would save up and get a good machine to produce on, theres nothing more frustrating than having a sh1t computer that that cant handle processing your audio.

For 600-700 bucks US (thats where im from) you can get a decent toshiba Satellite A505, not sure what the prices are over in the UK.

Again, I would save up for the goods.

Last edited:
Maybe a silly question, but are you set on a laptop. For music production, same price=higher spec in a desktop?
Anyway, decent dual-core + 3 gb memory + external harddrive. Not up with the current prices..........so why did I post here?

ye i'm set on a laptop maybe i should've been more clear that i'll also be using it as a home laptop but production is one of my primary uses.

save a few more pennies
and get a mac book pro 13"...

its a beast and with asio for all v 2
the on board sound is good enough to
use...

run a mac partition for interwebs
and a PC partition for beats...

best purchase ive ever made...

a cheaper laptop wont cut it...

get a desktop if you want to save
money...

think something like this second hand with rest warranty will be best solution for u

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LENOVO-IBM-T6...s_EH?hash=item2302cb69f0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Im running the same hardware specs myself. For 400 u get a new netbook with typical hardware specs, but u dont want and can make seriously produce music on it. Thinkpad u can put 2nd HDD in, very useful, trackpoint is nice for fast workflow in DAW. Also think about the screen resolution, most important for me, i work on 1680x1050 15" and its pretty perfect u can wath same time a analyzer and a big synth u fiddling around.

i dont wanna really produce music on 13" inch macbook glare screen, cant imagine this is healthy for ur eyes

Back
Top Bottom