Production for the drunk and baked...

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
Ive been thinking about posting this for a while, and as much as its going to be frowned upon by many... i believe its usefull.

Before i start i want to say that drink/drugs are bad guys seriously its fkn bullshit! And as much as people may view this post as some sort of promo for intoxication, it isnt..

Thing is, a little alcohol can lubricate your creativity the same way it will lubricate the convo with that girl you like? Yes!

So i thought it would be a nice idea to add a thread where we posted our tracks at the end of the night after a few beers... you know, those tracks that never see the light of day? the ones we forget about... One rule though we upload and dont even think about it. Straight on soundcloud fire it in here and no one judges in brutal format. The idea is to take those lubricated ideas a lot further than they may ever get.

for example im trying to get used to compression and im a little harsh and not so technical, but i may have a good idea. So i post it here... And see if people want to get involved in any way, be that finsihing of the track with a proper master or remixing it their way. Who knows...?

So...

Rules -

1... Post at end of night before bed.

2... Dont delete from thread.

Ill fire one up soon if i dont delete this thread in hindsight :lol:

Last edited:
made a new soundcloud just for this thread lol here's a couple of hours work from when i got home drunk after my radio show wednesday

Ahah! Nice one for joining in... Quality drunken effort aswell Bugo, funny how our drunk ears think the bass is ok huh? When it really needs a quiet bit of EQ attention. Ive woke up some days with saturation plugs all over everything and rememebr going to bed thinking hmmm this tracks good, wake up and it was a complete distorted mess :lol:

Again good man for shoving this up there, i reckon its a keeper if you can tame the bass. Ill bump this thread on occasion cos as much as im not sure what the thread does, i still think its funny.

What radio show btw?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I feel waaay less creative with production when I've been drinking. DJ'ing however... well I pretty much played a residency half in the bag for 4 years.

Look forward to watching this thread :D

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I feel waaay less creative with production when I've been drinking. DJ'ing however... well I pretty much played a residency half in the bag for 4 years.

Look forward to watching this thread :D

Im terrible at both when drunk in particular djing :lol:

I had a whole day off, and I feel like I made this track in a montage, funny enough it sounds like a good track for a montage. Also, I'm coming up on my second bottle of wine, so I am a bit tipsy and I may regret this tomorrow.

Its neat aswell, some sober thought into the sections and when they come in would make it a lot better imo, also theres a weird frequency at 2.12. The drunk mind just isnt equipped for hearing that stuff or i wonder if maybe you do what i do and just say ill deal with that when sober. Really cool though especially the intelligent feel to the bass in the section with the odd freq. Love that oldschool pad also.

Id remix this for sure, so defo a keeper.

Good morning, was away from my house yesterday :)
Thanks man! Yeah the bass is rough, i'm writing on a single JBL 15" pa monitor untill i get my events back. Though in saying that i didn't spend alot of time on the fx chain at that stage. i was pretty drunk listening to your one, the one sort of just off piano key kept buzzing me out! the rest of the sounds gel together quite well, it's weird but i like it. & iv4 you sure you were drunk lol that second drop is fire & the drums are really cool.

hey ron, funny thread! i sort of agree to chris, prefer to have a clear head when creating music.
though sometimes I use a glass of wine when in need for some inspiration, esp. on arrangement.
but one too many usually ruins creativity for me and I don't like my output afterward at all.

here a typical example of a track I enjoyed making with a bit of too much wine .. I don't like the track after one eve session and didn't process it any further.
no plans to work on it anymore, no ideas on how to. that is why I prefer to drink a good spicy herb tea when producing rather than anything else. just my 2 cents!

UNTITLED track JAN2017

Good morning, was away from my house yesterday :)
Thanks man! Yeah the bass is rough, i'm writing on a single JBL 15" pa monitor untill i get my events back. Though in saying that i didn't spend alot of time on the fx chain at that stage. i was pretty drunk listening to your one, the one sort of just off piano key kept buzzing me out! the rest of the sounds gel together quite well, it's weird but i like it. & iv4 you sure you were drunk lol that second drop is fire & the drums are really cool.
forgot to add radio show is one i host here in Christchurch : http://www.rdu.org.nz/archives/shows/beats-me
10:30pm nz time i don't know what that is to you guys

yesssss excellent thread concept! I will post whatever happens next time i'm 10 drinks in and decide production is a good idea.. shouldn't be too long.

hey ron, funny thread! i sort of agree to chris, prefer to have a clear head when creating music.
though sometimes I use a glass of wine when in need for some inspiration, esp. on arrangement.
but one too many usually ruins creativity for me and I don't like my output afterward at all.

here a typical example of a track I enjoyed making with a bit of too much wine .. I don't like the track after one eve session and didn't process it any further.
no plans to work on it anymore, no ideas on how to. that is why I prefer to drink a good spicy herb tea when producing rather than anything else. just my 2 cents!

UNTITLED track JAN2017

kinda depends for me, i like to work on everything that doenst need to be too technical with a drink. Usually that means concept and main sounds... Then ill make it more coherant sober.

Was working on your remix tonight had a good few lagers... Inkeeping with the rules ill post it :teeth:

nice one at @xiris should be good fun with this thread in mind.

Qulaity @bugo cheers for the feedback... that off piano sample is a keeper innit. JV1080 rompler patch... loving this thing

@xiris thanks man, on way to radio in a sec will get some beers on the way and have another crack at tune when i get home lol
& agree piano's a keeper (y)

live in an hour and ten mins if anybody is interested www.rdu.org.nz

Alright i've got one from last night. I meant to upload ..but instead fell asleep. The file is as it was though, i changed nothing this morning.

So this started with me lost in the depths of YouTube... I found the video clip i used, and I thought it'd be cool to sample that "tonal control" thing, and to incorporate some violins and piano, since buddy in the video was playing piano, and it kinda went from there. I thought, since it sounded old, it'd be cool to take the tune from a major key with some "classical" instruments and some intoxicated keyboard playing, and transition into the relative minor, and some new era synthesis stuff. aaand this is what came out.

Secret SoundCloud link Here ...don't be fooled by the quiet 1st piano note and crank your volume up..

Cheers!

Edit: jus listened back to this for the first time myself. Oh god. Haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom