Production Compettion- Survival & Silent Witness

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
Oh yes, finally a decent remix comp back! Dont need to say much more really. Link below to stems

http://www.datatransmission.co.uk/blog/survival-silent-witness-remix-competition/

To coincide with the hugely anticipated Album release from Survival and Silent Witness, Data Transmission and Dispatch Recordings have joined forces to run a huge remix competition for the track Fletcher taken from the “In From The Wild LP”

The winning remix will get a full vinyl release as well as a digital release ….and as if that wasn’t a enough we will also be paying the winning entrant the full remix fee equal to that that we would pay for any of our other label artists !!!

And then to just to add the icing on the cake …

We will be picking another 2 runners up who will receive a full exclusive digital release to become part of the full Survival and Silent Witness artist release on Dispatch.

This is an amazing prize and a great opportunity for anyone looking to get noticed, Dispatch is highly regarded globally as one of the biggest and best labels representing the pinnacle of forward thinking Drum and Bass and the label run regular nights at Fabric and all over the globe as well as being home to releases from some of the most notable producers in the scene.

Please first read the following rules carefully:
1. All tracks must be no longer than 6 minutes in length.
2. All tempos welcome.
3. You can use your own samples along with the ones that have been provided (although upon reviewing the finished tracks we are looking for creative use of the samples that have been provided). Pls ensure any additional samples used are copywrite cleared and free for use.
4. All entries must be submitted by the 14th March
5. Please send only completed tracks; clips will not be listened to. Additionally if you are doing multiple versions / mixes we only want the one you feel is the best one sending by the deadline date.
6. Any public audio or clips uploaded to any other Soundcloud / Youtube etc) other than the Data transmission Soundcloud Account ahead of the winning track being selected by ourselves will unfortunately render that entry null and voided from our selection process (however we are fine with any entry clips being uploaded only after we have announced the winning track that will be released on Dispatch LTD).
7. Tracks submitted without FB likes and signup will not be considered

Last edited:
Oh yes, finally a decent remix comp back! Dont need to say much more really. Link below to stems

7. Tracks submitted without FB likes and signup will not be considered

WTF does that mean? :/

Cheers for the heads up tho :)

I was on board til I read #7. We HAVE to like something and sign up? FUCK THAT.

i hardly see it as a big deal. the quality of the track we are being given a chance to remix is incredible and the potential prize is sick (although i know i dont stand a chance). irs not like there asking for money or anything. but if thats the way you feel fair enough

I was on board til I read #7. We HAVE to like something and sign up? FUCK THAT.

I understand what you're saying, however, almost any legit competition requires proof of entry of some kind. So long as you don't have to agree to some ridiculous terms (i.e. we will sell you email address to the world) then you have nothing to worry about.

It's a matter of principle. I would never start any kind of competition, regardless of how known or unknown I am, and then say, "In order for me to even listen to what you submit, or to even acknowledge you, you have to go on to my facebook page and like it." What kind of shit straight outta douchepocalypse is that? The prize does not matter. They could make the prize a million dollars, which I could use, and it would still not make me whore myself to do that.

If they want simple proof of entry I wouldn't be against submitting some kinda form for that. But to say, "You have to 'like' us and sign up to our newsletter." is like some high school chick saying, "You have to 'friend' me on myspace in order to come to my party." So, I repeat. FUCK. THAT.

It's a matter of principle. I would never start any kind of competition, regardless of how known or unknown I am, and then say, "In order for me to even listen to what you submit, or to even acknowledge you, you have to go on to my facebook page and like it." What kind of shit straight outta douchepocalypse is that? The prize does not matter. They could make the prize a million dollars, which I could use, and it would still not make me whore myself to do that.

If they want simple proof of entry I wouldn't be against submitting some kinda form for that. But to say, "You have to 'like' us and sign up to our newsletter." is like some high school chick saying, "You have to 'friend' me on myspace in order to come to my party." So, I repeat. FUCK. THAT.

Fair enough, not digging at you by the way i just find it strange how strongly you feel about something that in my eyes is pretty trivial! as lost said, its only a like and a newsletter, probably get like 1 email a month max. and if you were entering id assume you already like dispatch recordings! the reason i go on is because id quite like to see your take on it

Slightly over the top...
Even if it is a big deal it means you have the potential to have a release on one of the most consistent labels in drum and bass. Put the toys back in the pram.

I getcha cartel, I getcha. Didn't feel like you were diggin.

I feel so strongly about it because, it reminds me of people who go on social networking sites, for lack of a better name, and start "friending" everybody or asking for people to "friend" them so they can just go out and be like, "Look how many friends I have." but, it doesn't mean anything, because they didn't earn any of those friends. So for us to be required to "like" their page so that we could be acknowledged with our mixes, reminds me of that. They didn't earn my "like" it was mandatory. And if we start letting people control us in order to be paid attention to, then where will it stop? And by the time we realize that, it's too late. Listen to "Year Zero" by Nine Inck Nails. It kinda talks about shit like that.

BUT, let's not take the original intent away from what you, Cartel, were trying to show us. I was just trying to voice my opinion with my "FUCK. THAT." comment. I was reading the rules and was like, "Hey this is cool!" and then saw that last rule and went, "Man..."

I think you should enter even if you don't think you'd do something great with it. You have to start somewhere right? And if you have the balls--- or don't have balls cuss you're a chick then, in that case MENTAL BALLS--- to try anyway and put up you're result then, at least you took that little step. Which will lead you to the next little step, and the next. And, so on, and so forth.

I did still think I would look at the samples and decide whether I would do it or not but, I still wouldn't do rule #7. It doesn't matter WHO's doing the contest. What matters is how they go about it.

I've heard the first nine remixes uploaded and like the Bayou mix the best, followed by Sinestetik.

I posted my mix in the new talent sect.

Cartel: I didn't; that's also why I didn't worry about how long it was too much either. Although, I did try to trim it where I felt it was necessary. It used to be closer to 8 mins. and would have gone longer if I didn't control myself on that. But I hope you decide to enter man, give it a shot.

anyone else entering this? i've started mine and i'm pretty happy with how it's sounding so far but the prize is so good that surely there's gonna be loads of professional producers entering and us amateurs don't stand a chance! will we be allowed to give ours away as free downloads once the results have been announced?

anyone else entering this? i've started mine and i'm pretty happy with how it's sounding so far but the prize is so good that surely there's gonna be loads of professional producers entering and us amateurs don't stand a chance! will we be allowed to give ours away as free downloads once the results have been announced?

ive been working on mine for a while now. pretty happy with it so far, but who knows if it compares to the others. i think you can give it away as a freebie, check the ts and cs it says there somewhere. send it in when its done man, might be btter than you think!

Last edited:
i guess i'll definitely send it in, seeing as i've spent so much time on it already. but after listening to the others then listening back to mine i kind of feel like..

xVyoSl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom