Producing Jump Up: Advice Needed

dis you create a mixer first before anything?

first create your mixer then any drum machine or sequencer will connect to it

I think you should grab some drum hits and group them to it's mood. Then layer the kicks and snare, maybe 4 times, and then EQ. Put a highpassed premade loop to give it flavour, the kicks have to align up but not the snares. Now first do a 2 step, kick on beat, snare on beat, kick after 1 1/2 beat and snare on beat. Then fill the gaps with hihats (highpassed somewhat). Then when you get the sound you want, export it. Then make another beat, since you don't want to be stuck with a 2 step. Move the snares and kicks around. Try 2 kicks on beat then 3 snares on the rest of the beat for 1 bar. Resample that and master it with EQ and distortion, and fruity blood overdrive.

There's your beat, for your bass, write a 5 bar melody with any bass sound but make the EQ so it doesn't conflict with the kickdrum in your beat.

That was a lot of writing :O

I made a mistake, enough :P

anyways im starting to use reason

been watching some tutorials and I must say Im enjoying it a lot atm

just need some more explaining on the devices

which ones are the best for dnb production, and how do they mostly work hehe? :)

Check this guy out
http://www.youtube.com/user/hydlide24
He is a genius at Reason =]
He explains everything about each device!
One word of warning,
You only get out what you put it =]
So use some majikal samples like the Carbone ones!!

Nice i'll check those later

btw how come when im in reason I cant hear any bass sounds :S

whenever I click on the sounds whenever im browsing the list I cant hear them, and whenever I draw a bassline into my song I can only hear the drums :S

First up on an empty rack,
Slap in a Mastering Suite,
14:2 Mixer,
Combinator!
Inside the combinator,
Slap in your device,
Wire to the Combi output and plug away =D

this is pissing me off :(

im at reason atm, and whenever I wanna load up a new bass sample into for example malstrom, whenever I click on the sample at the list I cant listen to it's preview, although I can see the thingy move so I know I should be listening to something

however, whenever Im at redrum I can listen to the drum samples fine. whats going on?

this is pissing me off :(

im at reason atm, and whenever I wanna load up a new bass sample into for example malstrom, whenever I click on the sample at the list I cant listen to it's preview, although I can see the thingy move so I know I should be listening to something

however, whenever Im at redrum I can listen to the drum samples fine. whats going on?

If youve wired it up
create a small note loop
hit play and stroll through the patchs =]
Hope this helps

Ps Are you wiring the devices up?!

Yep i've wired it up to the mixer

How do I create a small note loop?

Right click your strom and scroll down to creat track for strom1,
Goto sequencer screen and draw in a lil bar box in the strom1 track,
Click drag lreft and right loop end around that box,
Dont forget to switch the loop button ON on the control panel at the bottom now =]
Double click that little box in the strom track!
A newer screen will pop up with a keyboard to the left!
pop in a couple of notes hit play,
Make sure it loops!
Then start browsing samples whulst playing the loop =D
Hope this helps,
Anymore problems just post,
Ill be on for a lil while =P

ps You can click on the keyboard to test the notes first!!

Last edited:
Right click your strom and scroll down to creat track for strom1,
Goto sequencer screen and draw in a lil bar box in the strom1 track,
Click drag lreft and right loop end around that box,
Dont forget to switch the loop button ON on the control panel at the bottom now =]
Double click that little box in the strom track!
A newer screen will pop up with a keyboard to the left!
pop in a couple of notes hit play,
Make sure it loops!
Then start browsing samples whulst playing the loop =D
Hope this helps,
Anymore problems just post,
Ill be on for a lil while =P

ps You can click on the keyboard to test the notes first!!

Well it works, but will I have to do this everytime I want to hear a sample? Also, does this only happen to me or does it happen to everyone?

Well it works, but will I have to do this everytime I want to hear a sample? Also, does this only happen to me or does it happen to everyone?

AH

you won't be able to hear the "sample" because it's not a sample, it's a patch for the synth (malstrom/sub/thor). create a simple loop and hit play, then when you are in the browser and you click on a patch you can preview it because the patch will be "temporarily" assigned to the synth.

fire your questions away if you couldn't understand that (y)

Back
Top Bottom