Producing Jump Up: Advice Needed

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Hey, I'm pretty much an amateur to producing, and I've been using FL Studio 8 a bit recently just for the fun of it. I have the Nu Tone loops pack, as well as the David Byrd one

But I wanna start producing my own songs (nothing serious, just something to put up on myspace and claim it's mine), and for that I don't wanna be using other people's loops

The kind of DnB I want to produce is mostly Jump Up, sort of like Pleasure, Taxman, Zen, etc

How do I create my own material (bassline, drum loops)? As for bassline, I'm looking mostly to create what some of you hate: the wobble wobble wub wub sounds :)

Thanks!

read the manual m8 init, watch tutorials on youtube

generally, wobble is about routing the lfo on the synth to the frequency and resonance but it's a lot to go into

I learnt alot in reason by
Sitting down and fiddling around,
Watching Youtube videos,
And buying a bedtime book =] lol

I might use reason to try and produce the bass sounds

as for the song itself i think i might use FL for a while :)

i def wouldnt use reason for the actual sequencing of the track purely because, compared to some of the other big sequencers ie cubase, fl, logic.. the output quality is poop. however i would def try using reason to maybe try creating beats and loops that you can then use in your sequencer.

i def wouldnt use reason for the actual sequencing of the track purely because, compared to some of the other big sequencers ie cubase, fl, logic.. the output quality is poop. however i would def try using reason to maybe try creating beats and loops that you can then use in your sequencer.

i use reason to sequence in the outputs fine for me!

Hey, I'm pretty much an amateur to producing, and I've been using FL Studio 8 a bit recently just for the fun of it. I have the Nu Tone loops pack, as well as the David Byrd one

But I wanna start producing my own songs (nothing serious, just something to put up on myspace and claim it's mine), and for that I don't wanna be using other people's loops

The kind of DnB I want to produce is mostly Jump Up, sort of like Pleasure, Taxman, Zen, etc

How do I create my own material (bassline, drum loops)? As for bassline, I'm looking mostly to create what some of you hate: the wobble wobble wub wub sounds :)

Thanks!

Haha, David Byrd! That did tickle me! Think you mean Danny Byrd mate.

Yeah man, best thing to do is watch alot of stuff on youtube, ive got plenty of stuff from there in the past!

Haha, David Byrd! That did tickle me! Think you mean Danny Byrd mate.

Yeah man, best thing to do is watch alot of stuff on youtube, ive got plenty of stuff from there in the past!

or he means david carbone!:D

yea the quality of the output file is decent quality, but it is nuffing compared to the quality of protools or cubase. It may jus be me, cos when working with reason i compress the fuck out of everything and I reckon reason dont like it so the sound becomes muffled. however if i then export each track individualy and import into cubase or pt the quality seems to become much greater. have a go SC, on one of your finished tracks, try exporting each track as a seperate audio track and import into an alternative sequencer. I would love to have someone elses opinion on this.

I made a mistake, enough :P

anyways im starting to use reason

been watching some tutorials and I must say Im enjoying it a lot atm

just need some more explaining on the devices

which ones are the best for dnb production, and how do they mostly work hehe? :)

yea the quality of the output file is decent quality, but it is nuffing compared to the quality of protools or cubase. It may jus be me, cos when working with reason i compress the fuck out of everything and I reckon reason dont like it so the sound becomes muffled. however if i then export each track individualy and import into cubase or pt the quality seems to become much greater. have a go SC, on one of your finished tracks, try exporting each track as a seperate audio track and import into an alternative sequencer. I would love to have someone elses opinion on this.

you can definately get a better sound by re wiring reason with another sequencer, cubase and logic work really well. Then after mixing all tracks individually, export the entire mix and import as a new file for mastering. (you can also add things like filter sweeps to the whole track, which is nice)

I made a mistake, enough :P

anyways im starting to use reason

been watching some tutorials and I must say Im enjoying it a lot atm

just need some more explaining on the devices

which ones are the best for dnb production, and how do they mostly work hehe? :)

I like to use subtractor for bass, but others prefer to use maelstrom. At the end of the day its not the instrument, it's the player, so have a go at everything it's early days and you still have yet to find your sound, same goes for myself.

A good trick is once you have a bass loop that sounds good, solo it and export the loop as an audio file. Create a sampler and load the loop, add a different filter most likely a high pass and add a different kind of distortion/add a phaser etc. This is called re sampling and can bear fruit lol

I like to use subtractor for bass, but others prefer to use maelstrom. At the end of the day its not the instrument, it's the player, so have a go at everything it's early days and you still have yet to find your sound, same goes for myself.

A good trick is once you have a bass loop that sounds good, solo it and export the loop as an audio file. Create a sampler and load the loop, add a different filter most likely a high pass and add a different kind of distortion/add a phaser etc. This is called re sampling and can bear fruit lol

erhm I will google your words first, then sure, I will try it...

thanks! :)

Nice i'll check those later

btw how come when im in reason I cant hear any bass sounds :S

whenever I click on the sounds whenever im browsing the list I cant hear them, and whenever I draw a bassline into my song I can only hear the drums :S

Back
Top Bottom