Producing for beginners

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Hey,

Recently i've been very bored with a lot of time in my hands, so I thought I might give producing a try. Anyone know what's the best software to start out, plus if you have any tips/guides please leave them as well :)

Thanks in advance

Good luck mate. Fl 3 or so is easy to start with, then you can move to 6 and such.

I think you should visit breakbeatparadise.com a bit and get some samples to slice :D

i started with reason now using fl 8, nice learning curve. the rack setup on reason helps you understand how everything actually works and interacts, too bad it doesnt have vst support

I'd say that Reason is too difficult for a beginner to work with. Sure you can make strange and interesting sounds easily but the sequencing (putting the sounds together in a song) is a major pain in the ass.

I'd go for Fruity Loops - which I'm correctly using after having used Reason.

I'd say that Reason is too difficult for a beginner to work with. Sure you can make strange and interesting sounds easily but the sequencing (putting the sounds together in a song) is a major pain in the ass.

I'd go for Fruity Loops - which I'm correctly using after having used Reason.

yea i agree with that, i started out with reason and it was a bitch to work in so far as the sequencing and arranging, especially redrum.

i started with reason now using fl 8, nice learning curve. the rack setup on reason helps you understand how everything actually works and interacts, too bad it doesnt have vst support

NO VST SUPPORT? oh shit I'm never getting that lol

OMG the reason bashing continues

Reason is BY FAR the easiest program to learn to use, BUT the best thing to do would be to download demos of the main programs ie reason, cubase n FL and see what you like best.

Reason is NOT hard to use, the sequencer isnt complicated at all

yes it doesnt support VST but to begin with there aint a better program.

IMO go for cubase and dive in deep end!

OMG the reason bashing continues

Reason is BY FAR the easiest program to learn to use, BUT the best thing to do would be to download demos of the main programs ie reason, cubase n FL and see what you like best.

Reason is NOT hard to use, the sequencer isnt complicated at all

yes it doesnt support VST but to begin with there aint a better program.

IMO go for cubase and dive in deep end!

100% agree, don't know why peeps cuss Reason, Logistics still uses Reason 2.5 and look at the quality of his tunes! :D

End of the day its not about what program you use, that is just a tool that u use to get ur sounds out, everyone has their own personal taste so ya good idea to test out the various demos and see what ur most comfortable with.

I started off on a demo of FL for a few months and soon moved onto Reason, been on it ever since (with the odd help from Cubase)

saying reason doesnt have vst or audio capabilities is not 'bashing'. its true.

You looked at how i said it wrong. I know its not bashing stating the truth, but then to say its not good because of a difference is bashing :boxing:

The same thing always applys when chosing a program to use and that is, "use what you are confortable with"

best thing to do is download the demos and see what you like best

Back
Top Bottom